Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sprinting Frequency page

Phillip is offline Junior Member

Sprinting Frequency

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,

Does the recommendation to sprint once a week mean once a week per activity, meaning sprinting twice a week is fine as long as the sprint workouts are not the same activity (e.g. one running workout and one swimming workout)? Or does it mean once a week PERIOD (meaning one should not sprint twice a week even if one of the sprint workouts is running and the other is swimming)?

Phillip

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
    Hi all,

Does the recommendation to sprint once a week mean once a week per activity, meaning sprinting twice a week is fine as long as the sprint workouts are not the same activity (e.g. one running workout and one swimming workout)? Or does it mean once a week PERIOD (meaning one should not sprint twice a week even if one of the sprint workouts is running and the other is swimming)?

Phillip
    I think this is a personal choice, for me I get the best results sprinting twice a week. Typically Tuesday and Friday I head to the local high school track and do 10 X 100 meters. Some days I will substitute the track with a steep 300 meter hill and do 5 reps.

kot
    kot is offline Member
    Im working on Tabata treadmill hill sprints, once or twice a week
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1194614

peril is offline Senior Member
    The recommendation is once every 7-10 days. A sprint session is a whole body workout so it means what it says. It is a recommendation and you can make of it what you will
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

breetbree is offline Senior Member
    if you look up frank medrano's training program, he does 15 minutes of HIIT 6 days per week. he's a mostly bodyweight workout kind of guy, a vegan, and is extremely ripped. he also does resistance training six days per week. i don't know if sprinting six days in a row for 15 minutes each session is healthy, but this guy has a really impressive physique, i'd say.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    I only sprint twice a week maximum. I find anything more than that is too much.

plato yogi wogi is offline Junior Member
    i sprint when i feel like sprinting,

let your essence guide you

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    As someone on this forum said: "If you're sprinting more than once a week, you're not doing it right". I've found that my once a week sprinting wears me out to the point that I can't do it more than that. But everyone is different and if you can recover successfully between sprint sessions to be able to do it more than once week, go for it. But make sure you go 110% on your sprints. Make them really count.

Phillip is offline Junior Member

Thanks!

Everyone,

Thanks for the posts - all really great advice! I am just starting to experiment with PBF, so I appreciate your tips!

Jiggyz is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Keep in mind that the 7-10 day interval is the recommended "hack" to get the benefits, avoid injury, have time and stamina for all the other stuff. That being said, not everyone has a pickup game of ultimate frisbee or pick up basketball scheduled all the time(except for Mark)-and those include a lot of sprinting to be sure. So some extra sprinting could be a substitute for some of the play, especially if you like sprinting.

I do the short sprints ~100m every week, but I like to add some 200m or even 400m sprints later in the week when I know I am not going to get my playtime in, which is often. The long sprints give you the same benefits as the short ones, but I find them easier on the body and less dependent on excellent form. I even go 800m on occasion. They also stretch your cardio capabilities into a more usable state. For example, in my case, I like to kayak fish, and i like to spend more time fishing and less time getting to where I am going to fish. It would take me a long time if i sprinted and rested, sprinted and rested at 20-30 second intervals, but start stretching that to a couple of minutes and then you are getting somewhere.

I also happen to be of the mindset that a human being should be able to run one mile reasonably fast, and those sprint intervals help me with that without even getting a sniff of any chronic cardio issues.

Sometimes I do 3 sprint sessions in a week with a sprint substitute WOW. My favorite is the 123 workout, and although it is 20 minutes long, it is a real killer. But, I happen to like sprinting. Its the only workout I do that makes me feel truly primal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast