Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is wrong with me? page

Mikee5 is offline Senior Member

What is wrong with me?

Shop Now
    I eat dinner usually between 5-7 and sleep at around 10-11. After I eat I feel all energetic, normal, like a mini adrenaline surges through me. This lasts for a few hours... so for example I'd eat at 5, by 8 I'd just slump, feel tired, irritable and HUNGRY again. I hate it, it ruins my evenings. It's like a feeling of slight disorientation, like a crash. I let it pass and go to sleep. These meals are usually moderate protein, 10-15g of carbs from vegetables and some fat. A typical Primal meal, so I'm sure I don't get an insulin spike.

The worst feeling is the mornings, I struggle to get out of bed (as soon as I get up I get this dizzy, shaky reaction) and the shitty feeling continues until I eat breakfast or some carbs. It literally feels like I'm gorging on pasta and bread with the huge insulin spikes I use to experience. I don't consume any fruits or sugar, some sweeteners and dairy. These daily episodes make me feel like I'm on a constant mood and energy swing, which I thought Primal eliminated the energy crashes, hunger and provided 'long lasting' energy.

Are my blood sugars too low? Reactive hypoglycaemia? I'm not a diabetic or overweight. I use to experience this pre-LC and thought limiting carbohydrates would eliminate this. I'm tired of constantly trying finding new strategies to tweak my diet, I just wanna eat, enjoy my food and feel normal. I don't want my days to revolve around my meals or for me to feel constantly consumed by food, I've suffered with that too much on low fat, high carb.

To shake off the crash I sometimes go for an evening sprint before I sleep, and, surprisingly, my energy levels get back to normal and the disorientation magically disappears, it feels like a breeze. Sometimes this is just inconvenient and I wanna relax after a meal!

Any one else experience anything similar?
    Last edited by Mikee5; 05-18-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    You're not eating enough at dinner. If you are energetic after you eat, it wasn't enough and your body is saying, "Hey, get up and get some more food." Then you crash. You want to feel a little bit lazy after dinner. And adding more carbs will help with feeling full and getting a good night's sleep. Many people are finding now that low carb is not the magic bullet it was thought to be.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Eat more?
    Low-carb is definitely the magic bullet I've always known it to be. Ignore the sugar fiends, I apologize for their presence on behalf of MDA.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Zach is offline Banned
    Sounds like hypoglycemia to me. Try a more balanced meal. Small portion of meat, a little bit of fat and a decent portion of starch, maybe some fruit for dessert.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Eat more?
    Low-carb is definitely the magic bullet I've always known it to be. Ignore the sugar fiends, I apologize for their presence on behalf of MDA.
    You are a grown man with a MLP avatar. Just sit by yourself and think about that for a while.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    If you are concerned about what is going on with your blood sugar at certain times, you should get yourself a glucose meter and run some tests to find out what it happening. Nobody could even guess what is going on without that information.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    paste what you ate yesterday- everything, food and amount. no 'moderate',' some' no 'carbs from vegetables', 'fat' or 'protein'
    what did you eat?

richard is offline Senior Member
    sounds like low salt. Drink some dissolved sea salt in water and see if that doesn't boost things up pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    paste what you ate yesterday- everything, food and amount. no 'moderate',' some' no 'carbs from vegetables', 'fat' or 'protein'
    what did you eat?
    This is what I ate today:

Woke up feeling terrible, fatigued, tired, dizzy and extremely disorientated even after a 10 hour sleep. Had some water and took my supplements and went out. The feeling continued until I started moving around more but still foggy.

Lunch around 1 pm: 4 egg omelette and cheese and cream, cooked with butter & oil with some broccoli and a cucumber with some sugar free jelly. Felt fine after this.

Dinner 6 pm: Grilled chicken breasts with green beans and broccoli. After this I felt fine as well, until about 7 and I felt terrible and disorientated. I get dizzy when I stand up and I can't even form sentences, it's almost like I'm hallucinating, no joke. So I just end up on the couch, contemplating and debating with myself what is causing this, food is consuming me again. I can't escape. I'm hungry again and I ate the leftover chicken. My day revolved around my meals and planning them.

Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    sounds like low salt. Drink some dissolved sea salt in water and see if that doesn't boost things up pretty quick.
    I add a lot of salt to my foods and I've tried this method a few times, but sometimes my body seems to reject it and I rush to the toilet.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast