Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is wrong with me? page 3

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    you missed mikees other thread, perhaps you should read it.
    being a sufferer of hypokalaemia myself i know exactly what the symptoms are; muscular weakness, myalgia, and numbness and if you had read the first thread you would know these are symptoms this lad had. He was also drinking copious fluids taking salt supplements and eating no carbs to replenish K. As a diabetic I also know the symptoms of hypoglycaemia and if you think anyone who is hypo can go for a sprint to treat it you are off your rocker. You never feel hungry when you hypo. His blood sugar might be a bit low on arising but if you're not diabetic its not an issue,your liver will release glycogen eventually. I have never understood this preoccupation with low blood sugar of a non diabetic. By the way I never mentioned hypoglycaemia.
    The stats are mikee's and available on the other thread, the aims are also his and it is his food list- this is the improved intake. This is also a man with no weight to lose who is wanting to get healthy
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 05-19-2013 at 08:19 AM.

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    you missed mikees other thread, perhaps you should read it.
    being a sufferer of hypokalaemia myself i know exactly what the symptoms are; muscular weakness, myalgia, and numbness and if you had read the first thread you would know these are symptoms this lad had. He was also drinking copious fluids taking salt supplements and eating no carbs to replenish K. As a diabetic I also know the symptoms of hypoglycaemia and if you think anyone who is hypo can go for a sprint to treat it you are off your rocker. You never feel hungry when you hypo. His blood sugar might be a bit low on arising but if you're not diabetic its not an issue,your liver will release glycogen eventually. I have never understood this preoccupation with low blood sugar of a non diabetic. By the way I never mentioned hypoglycaemia.
    The stats are mikee's and available on the other thread, the aims are also his and it is his food list- this is the improved intake. This is also a man with no weight to lose who is wanting to get healthy
    Yes, like I said, I suspected that I missed a thread because the advice being proffered was certainly inconsistent with the information provided in this thread. Thanks for clearing that up. And for the record, I don't think that one can cure true hypoglycemia ( or hypokalemia for that matter ) with a run ... idiopathic postprandial hypoglycemia, which does not relate to actual low blood sugar, is another thing all together.

-PK
    Last edited by pklopp; 05-19-2013 at 06:58 PM.
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    His symptoms sounded like low carb flu to me, or that period after you've adjusted to low carb but have lost all the water weight and haven't replenished your sodium, potassium, magnesium and calcium lost from the water weight. The crash after the initial adjustment.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

MissSunshineGirl is offline Junior Member
    Sounds like you may be having low cortisol issues. The dizziness upon standing and foggy head are often signs of low cortisol. You can get a blood pressure cuff from the drugstore and test yourself for orthostatic hypotension (a drop in BP upon standing). That is one test or you can do one of the saliva tests for cortisol.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    You are a grown man with a MLP avatar. Just sit by yourself and think about that for a while.
    And you're an irritable troll. Personally, I'd rather hang out with the My Little Ponies guy.

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    I mentioned this on another thread but it is really hard to get Iodine in British food as it isn't in many foods, particularly when you cut out processed food and most dairy.

I take Iodine supplements for this exact reason and my mental clarity has really improved in the past 2-3 months. Please don't take this as a recommendation as it isn't but this may be something to consider.
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Look up magnesium deficiency symptons. Apparently this is a real issue for many people and something to be taken seriously for those on a Paleo type of diet as the highest concentration of magnesium is in grains. Grok got magnesium from water, but apparently today that is not a good source unless you are drinking mineral waters.

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    GO SEE A DOCTOR!

Seriously, there are lots of things that can be going on with your neurological, gastrointestinal or endocrine system that might be completely out of your control in terms of diet etc.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    And you're an irritable troll. Personally, I'd rather hang out with the My Little Ponies guy.
    Thanks, RichMahogany. And to think that post came from a grown man with an avatar of pancakes.

Sugar might not be poison, but it sure isn't biologically necessary speaking in mythological non-food macro terms. But plenty of great, healthy foods have sugar, and you're better off eating them than not, in general. Dark chocolate, berries and molasses all come to mind.

Your symptoms are beyond doctors. This is the kind of problem you have to fix by yourself, usually. A doctor will look you over, run general blood chemistries and when that turns up nothing unusual, they might offer you pain pills or crack. Perhaps a decent nutritionist might be in order.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I've been on this blog for a while, and it's funny, I can recognize that the posters are giving you advice that worked for THEM. Knifegill can't have sugar or fruit, zach is a safe starch fiend, there's always an iodine cheerleader, everybody says to eat more, etc. It may have worked for them, but it may not for you.

BUT, when pklopp writes a post that is shorter than War and Peace, that means that even HE can't identify what it is. That's pretty serious.

This sounds like a job for a doctor, nutritionist, and some tests. Even if it's as simple as a salt imbalace, they might be able to identify it. Keep a VERY good diary of what you eat, how much water you're drinking, whether you're taking any supplements, and how this all affects you. They will need something detailed to work with.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast