Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is wrong with me? page 2

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hmm I dont know any thing about you but for me that would not be enough food. I work hard and though I dont work out persay I do a hard physical job. I dont see enough protein, veggies or fats for an adult active male. Are you trying to loose weight or be an active young male?

I start with 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight per day mostly at breakfast and lunch. Each meal includes as well a 2 handfull measure of veggies and whatever fats I cooked it all in. For me at 250 lbs that is 250 grams of protein which at 7 grams per ounce means 35 ish ounces of animal product and eggs.

If I dont eat enough, for instance if I ate what you eat per day, I would feel just as shitty considering my daily workload. If I was sitting in an office all day things would be different.

What sort of daily calorie count are you aiming for?
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikee5 View Post
    This is what I ate today:

Woke up feeling terrible, fatigued, tired, dizzy and extremely disorientated even after a 10 hour sleep. Had some water and took my supplements and went out. The feeling continued until I started moving around more but still foggy.

Lunch around 1 pm: 4 egg omelette and cheese and cream, cooked with butter & oil with some broccoli and a cucumber with some sugar free jelly. Felt fine after this.

Dinner 6 pm: Grilled chicken breasts with green beans and broccoli. After this I felt fine as well, until about 7 and I felt terrible and disorientated. I get dizzy when I stand up and I can't even form sentences, it's almost like I'm hallucinating, no joke. So I just end up on the couch, contemplating and debating with myself what is causing this, food is consuming me again. I can't escape. I'm hungry again and I ate the leftover chicken. My day revolved around my meals and planning them.
    Eat more food. Looks like you need another meal's worth of food in your day. Your body is trying to tell you it is hungry, feed it.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Why are people talking about magic bullets? Bullets are meant to kill people and hit things off rocks...

Anyway. Mikee, why are you still eating low carb? On your last thread there was an overwhelming majority telling you to eat more carbs / in general.

When I went low carb my energy crashes became hypoglycaemic crashes. When these got really bad, it triggered binging. Seriously, just eat balanced macros of unprocessed food. It has the margin of least possible error...

I add a lot of salt to my foods and I've tried this method a few times, but sometimes my body seems to reject it and I rush to the toilet.
    It's not that your body is rejecting it: the salt acting as a laxative by encouraging water into your colon.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Stop thinking about it, fill your fridge with good primal food and just eat when you're hungry, don't count or restrict, eat what your body tells you to from the primal range, do that for a good month without any questions.
    Last edited by Omni; 05-18-2013 at 04:19 PM.
    "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    This is what I ate today:

Woke up feeling terrible, fatigued, tired, dizzy and extremely disorientated even after a 10 hour sleep. Had some water and took my supplements and went out. The feeling continued until I started moving around more but still foggy.

Lunch around 1 pm: 4 egg omelette and cheese and cream, cooked with butter & oil with some broccoli and a cucumber with some sugar free jelly. Felt fine after this.

Dinner 6 pm: Grilled chicken breasts with green beans and broccoli. After this I felt fine as well, until about 7 and I felt terrible and disorientated. I get dizzy when I stand up and I can't even form sentences, it's almost like I'm hallucinating, no joke. So I just end up on the couch, contemplating and debating with myself what is causing this, food is consuming me again. I can't escape. I'm hungry again and I ate the leftover chicken. My day revolved around my meals and planning them.
    Based on my calculations it looks like you are getting about 1200 calories out of that day's food intake. Not sure how much you weigh or what kind of physical activity you are doing, but it certainly looks like you are not getting enough food. Also like several others have said make sure you add in some additional carbs (white rice, yams, sweet and white potatos)
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-18-2013 at 05:58 PM.

pklopp is online now Senior Member
    Stabbing in the dark here, but it does sound to me like you have an adrenergic system issue.

Hypoglycemia symptoms are caused by the massive release of adrenaline brought about by situations where blood glucose dips below 3.3 mmol/L. This is dangerous territory for the brain because it depends upon a concentration gradient of glucose to basically cross the blood brain barrier and provide energy for it. So, when plasma concentrations drop into the danger zone, the brain responds to stave off the impending coma with an adrenaline surge.

The adrenaline surge is what causes the detectable symptoms of hypoglycemia: the shaking, nausea, palor, increased pulse.

So far, so good. Unfortunately, for some people that have a condition known as "idiopathic postprandial hypoglycemia" you can get all of the adrenaline symptoms, _without_ the low blood sugar. This is different from postprandial hypoglycemia, because in that condition, there is actual hypoglycemia.

You need to determine whether your condition is idiopathic, and the way to do that is to measure your blood sugar when you are symptomatic. If it is low, then yes, you are hypoglycemic. If not, then your condition is probably idiopathic.

Unfortunately, idiopathic is medical terminology for "we haven't the foggiest idea what is going on." Most doctors will tell you to eat more frequently, and if that works, great, otherwise ... oh well.

You might have some success with beta adrenergic receptor antagonists ( beta blockers ) as some studies indicate that subjects suffering from idiopathic postprandial hypoglycemia had hyper sensitive beta receptors. Interestingly, public speakers and others who need to calm down ( i.e. suppress their adrenaline responses ) for performance purposes use beta blockers to help them do that. You might want to talk to your doctor about that.

Good luck.

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

thewildirishgirl is offline Junior Member
    It sounds like you need one more meal in there. Eat something, Mikee5!!!!

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    .......................................cal......fa t ... carb...protein
    Butter 2 tablespoon..........204......23......0....... 0
    Cheese 1oz .....................99.......8.......1.........6
    Cream 2 fl oz....................78.......7.......3........2
    Egg, whole, 4..................252......17......1........22
    green beans 1/2cup......... 41.......2........5........1
    Chicken, breast 8 oz..........234.....9........0........35
    Cucumber large (8")..........34.......0........6........2
    Broccoli 150 g...................51.......1.......10.......4
    totals................................993.... 67.5..26.6...73.1
    your potassium was 43 % of your requirement if you ate as much as i estimate which i doubt.

................ you're aiming for 100g fat 50g carbs, 120g protein but are way under

so what's wrong? -you are already at the lower end of your height for weight( 5'9 130lbs) and are now in ketosis but have very little body fat to utilise.

so what's really wrong.....you are starving yourself basically and if you don't wise up you will have real problems.
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 05-19-2013 at 04:47 AM.

Before you start eating more/less X, Y, and Z on the recommendation of someone on the internet, get your blood sugar levels checked. If they are not low when you experience these symptoms, then you are not having any sort of hypoglycemic episode. It must be something else.

Meanwhile, start keeping a detailed log of what you eat, when you eat, and when these symptoms occur, and what they were. Your trying to see whether there is a pattern emerging.

-PK

Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    .......................................cal......fa t ... carb...protein
    Butter 2 tablespoon..........204......23......0....... 0
    Cheese 1oz .....................99.......8.......1.........6
    Cream 2 fl oz....................78.......7.......3........2
    Egg, whole, 4..................252......17......1........22
    green beans 1/2cup......... 41.......2........5........1
    Chicken, breast 8 oz..........234.....9........0........35
    Cucumber large (8")..........34.......0........6........2
    Broccoli 150 g...................51.......1.......10.......4
    totals................................993.... 67.5..26.6...73.1
    your potassium was 43 % of your requirement if you ate as much as i estimate which i doubt.

................ you're aiming for 100g fat 50g carbs, 120g protein but are way under

so what's wrong? -you are already at the lower end of your height for weight( 5'9 130lbs) and are now in ketosis but have very little body fat to utilise.

so what's really wrong.....you are starving yourself basically and if you don't wise up you will have real problems.
    I must be missing some context here, as I don't know where those macro ratios are coming from? Are you just computing those based on some assumptions, or did I miss some other thread? Anyway, I'm sure you're trying to help, but the symptoms described sound precisely like some form of hypoglycemia, and not even remotely close to a potassium deficiency (hypokalemia). As an inveterate faster and fairly long term ketogenic dieter, I can tell you that none of these symptoms come from either of those.

-PK

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast