Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was your play today? page

texas.grok is offline Senior Member

What was your play today?

We have a "what was your workout thread" but I thought we might have fun with a "What was your play today" thread. If one has already been started, I couldn't find it.

For me it was going with friends down to the beach, enjoying their companionship, playing in the water, get a good bit of sun and just chilling out.

We came back, had a nice meal together sitting outside on the balcony and more conversation before they had to head back to Cairo.

I went the whole time barefoot and by the time we started back to my apartment, they had ditched their shoes also.

Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    My play isn't usually physical. I like games and puzzles. Not better; just different. I also include experimenting in my kitchen as play. Reading is using my mind, but it's also play.

I agree with you that play is mostly underrated by the community and society at large.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Cave Bird is offline Member
    Hooping! I have a really big heavy hula-hoop, and like to go outside and hoop it up. I signed up for a class in Hoop Dancing, which starts in July. I can't wait!

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Chased my cat around the house and in the yard. He likes to race me when we climb the stairs too and to look at me mockingly from the top.

Paleobird Guest
    Took the dog out for a nice long walk along the harborside park and chased ducks together. (He's never really going to catch one. I think his dogtags give the ducks too much advance warning. But it satisfies his hunter instinct and I get some wind sprints done.)

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    I'm a bit of a loner, besides my fiance, so my play is very asocial. Typically tree-climbing, wall-walking, pullup-bar randoms and fiddling with weights.
    My play today will be messing around with some light dumbbells to encourage the body into activity after exam season.

It's not a workout if you do it without a set goal for the day, have fun and stop when you're bored.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

LaRinascimenta is offline Junior Member
    Playing with my dog at the dog park! He loves it when I let him chase me. Usually his doggy friends join in on the fun ... talk about sprinting away from a pack of wild beasts!

PrimalPumpkin is offline Senior Member
    Barefoot walk in the woods. First one of the year. It was wonderful. I admit at one point I had to put on the shoes I had in my backpack because my feet are still soft from winter and the leaves and twigs in that area hurt. I took them off when I was off that spot though. I sat in the woods, did a little crocheting and reading and headed back. Saw tons of deer tracks, some animals, and scared a duck at the river.

When I got home I chased my 10 chickens who escaped into the woods near their pen...that was not play!

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Playing frizzbe in the rain with the dog....
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just got back from seeing Star Trek 2. Of course I had a fabulous time - Trekkie is my name.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast