Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fats "waste products" and dangers page 2

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think you have to eat predator species to make heavy metals much of a concern. We generally eat tuna as our most-often eaten predator species.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 195 x 3

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    It's these conversations that start making me think, "Predator = inedible or laden with crud...do I really want the body of a predator?" The answer comes out as YES when I think long and hard about it, but there's always that nagging thought.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    One more tamarind, MATT DAMON
    might be the day I tried the liver - just like you

Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Like most things in the body fat cells are in a constant state of flux, they do store a variety of compounds which include vitamins as well as toxins, when the serum is in overload the fat cells act as buffers, but as the serum clears, then the equilibrium shifts and the fat cells begin to release their load in an orderly manner. They live for about 8 years on average and when their time comes their contents are released and recycled or eliminated depending on their value to the body.

As for fat you eat, the biggest threat is likely the PUFA's and herbicide contamination as a lot of crop waste is used in feedlots, so stick to grass fed as much as possible and you should be right.
    "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

peril is offline Senior Member
    Sorry OP, but you pose a bullshit question. Who are they and where is the evidence of what they said? Provide this information and you can get a real answer to your concern rather than the meandering discussion you elicited. If you don't have something more concrete then from where are you coming?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    (peril)

OK, I'll be more specific

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    (peril)

Looking for arguments against this diet (just to disprove them and be sure) I asked, among other people, my chemistry teacher about this diet, and among other things she said that:

"Isn't it dangerous a diet that makes the body burn fats which release toxins to the body when metabolized?"
    Hola Miguel,

You should probably have taken this question to a biochemistry teacher, or better yet, someone who specializes in human metabolism.

Yes, there are fat soluble toxins that will be released when fats are metabolized. There are also fat soluble vitamins, like A, D, E, and K which will be released. The problem isn't the fat ... it's the toxic compounds that have come into your body from your diet and the environment at large.

Apart from that, your body oxidizes fats every time your insulin levels revert to baseline. Barring some disease state, like metabolic syndrome and the attendant hyperinsulinemia, at the very least, you will spend about half of every day metabolizing fats. This happens on a nightly basis, about 3-5 after your last meal, and until you eat again the following morning. This state, that of fat burning, is actually your normal state. It is only very recently in history that we have had such regular access to food and have come to spend most of our waking time accumulating fat rather than oxidizing it.

-PK

P.S. Bonus marks for the palindrome.
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    (pklopp)
    So I should space up my meals and don't worry about toxic byproducts? Got it.

Oh, and you're literally the first user ever to discover that my username is actually a palindrome, congratulations!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12