Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next level page 2

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    And yet there are some really lean people who drink wine whaaaaaaaaat. The answer is more exercise.
    Yes, everyone is DIFFERENT. If one is in the middle of cracking down on their weight loss, cutting out wine or severely cutting it down can really help. Just depends on the person. I have noticed it can slow my own loss down. Don't put everyone in the same damn box. I just so sick of that crap on this forum.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Yes, everyone is DIFFERENT. If one is in the middle of cracking down on their weight loss, cutting out wine or severely cutting it down can really help. Just depends on the person. I have noticed it can slow my own loss down. Don't put everyone in the same damn box. I just so sick of that crap on this forum.
    Anybody who tries to tell you you can out-exercise a bad diet is trolling.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Wine and cheese aren't necessarily your problem. I have 2 glasses (one third of a bottle) of red each night, sometimes more. I have it with cheese each night 1-200 grams. No crackers - no need. Just the wine and cheese. Weight has been steady around 72kg (I'm 180cm) for over three years.

Its easy to blame moderate consumption of wine and/or cheese but you may have to look elsewhere. You've said you have crackers. Where else do you fall shy of compliance to the ten primal laws?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Anybody who tries to tell you you can out-exercise a bad diet is trolling.
    Eh, in this case, I don't think its trolling. I think it actually believes itself. And because it thinks that way, that is the ONLY way.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Yeah and it doesn't help others. So what are you so mad about? You said it yourself. Know what tends to work to break a plateau more than some gimmicky food elimination? Moving around more. I don't mean more Crossfit. I mean more walking. Less time on your ass.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    And yet there are some really lean people who drink wine whaaaaaaaaat. The answer is more exercise.
    Are there a lot of really lean people who drink 3-5 glasses per night? I am a huge fan of wine and beer, but my max is 500 cals per night (four 5oz glasses of wine) and my average is about 1.5 5 oz glasses (or the equivalent calories in beer). I suppose I could jack up my exercise to burn off more alcohol. Not really worth it to me, I guess.

I don't snack. I rarely eat cheese or nuts, except as a condiment. I treat primal baked goods as a treat to be counted more scrupulously than alcohol. I know my total calories every day. I seriously doubt moderate alcohol on its own is ever the culprit.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Yeah and it doesn't help others. So what are you so mad about? You said it yourself. Know what tends to work to break a plateau more than some gimmicky food elimination? Moving around more. I don't mean more Crossfit. I mean more walking. Less time on your ass.
    Wait... what doesn't help others. You lost me there. I'm not MAD. Just annoyed. On almost every thread there is someone posting like they have the one and only answer to the problem. Gets old.

thewildirishgirl is offline Junior Member
    Drinking alcohol also makes me want to SNACK and lowers my primal inhibitions (and not in a good way, hehehe...), so I find that these days it's better if it's more of a "treat" once a week than an everyday sort of thing. I think if you're stalled out, it could be a good thing to cut back on, but everyone has to figure out the best course of action for themselves. Cutting the vino really helped me get out of a weight-loss rut and I'm down one size now. Hoorah!!!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    Are there a lot of really lean people who drink 3-5 glasses per night?
    My mum is a pretty heavy drinker (a bottle of white wine a night), and she's in great shape. She's always been lean though: no issues with food, and she moves around a lot.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12