Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitting the Reset Button for the last time! Anyone want to join in? page

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member

Hitting the Reset Button for the last time! Anyone want to join in?

Primal Fuel
    After my chocolate cookie and fruit loop fest last night I decided I have to do something different if I don't want to keep doing this to myself...having a great stretch of days followed by a binge that make me feel horribly both physically and mentally and then undoes all my great progress weight wise and feeling good...so I've decide to do something I've never done which is to be semi public about this and post here and see if the help and support of like minded strangers helps me move past this cycle...my goals are to IF 20/4 and to eat mindfully and primally. I will take it day by day and celebrate each day/week that passes and build on my success and learn from my missteps...if anyone would like to hit the reset button for the last time with me that would be awesome!!!

Ran 3 miles at the lake this morning and appreciated the beauty of the day, the smell of the dew and how great it is to be alive, fit and healthy! Came back, did some homework with DS and drank some coffee with 1TB of light cream...have a day of activities planned and the weather is beautiful today...going to focus on starting fresh, moving forward....

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    Good luck! You can do it, I'm sure, but I think you'll need to be sure you don't leave yourself feeling deprived, since that can lead to irrational eating...the body will out! If you're running and are generally pretty active, and if you carry a decent amount of stress, the 20/4 may not work so well...
    If you haven't read It Starts With Food (the Whole9/Whole30 folks), I recommend it for the discussion on the emotional and hormonal aspects of eating.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I hope you've given up buying froot loops. It's hard enough without being surrounded by temptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B-D View Post
    Good luck! You can do it, I'm sure, but I think you'll need to be sure you don't leave yourself feeling deprived, since that can lead to irrational eating...the body will out! If you're running and are generally pretty active, and if you carry a decent amount of stress, the 20/4 may not work so well...
    If you haven't read It Starts With Food (the Whole9/Whole30 folks), I recommend it for the discussion on the emotional and hormonal aspects of eating.
    I've tried many types of IF and the 20/4 works best because I like to eat at night and I like feeling full..also once I start eating my hunger just seems to increase throughout the day...if I fast I'm totally fine throughout the day....yesterday went off track because I had breakfast for the first time in months and that set me up to overeat all day (primally) and then not so primally after dinner...I do put 1TB cream in my coffee and ala bulletproof 1-2x/fast but that is it until 3ish when I have a light meal to take the edge off an then have my main meal around 6ish with the family

I only run on the weekends...walk and lift during the week and switch to a 18/6 window on weekend if the non-primal hubby wants to go out for lunch.

Read whole 30 book and am starting good calories/bad calories now...basically love to read nutrition health books so keep the recommendations coming!

thanks for the support...will post some pics tomorrow to truly start my journal/track progress

Day 1 of my reset went ok. Was able to fast until 2:30 which was not bad considering all the sugar I had yesterday. Had 4 eggs scrambled in 1TB of butter, a gf hotdog and 1 oz liver pate, 2 tbs cream, and 7 asparagus steamed...dinner was a dutch oven chicken from marks cookbook and cauliflower pureed with lots of butter...ate too much because it tasted so good to eat something besides steak and eggs so i'm a bit too full, but atleast it was all primal...tomorrow I will work on not overeating and extending fast a little longer.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    I'm right there with you. Recommitting to exercising consistently and eating properly. I'm recording everything in a journal as well. I'm hoping to lose weight, get stronger, and make playing soccer easier.

Good luck!

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    I'll join you, but I have to start tomorrow.

blondie0216 is offline Junior Member
    Im in.. i need to get off this eating not the best too... Gotta get back to feeling good..

Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    I'll join you, but I have to start tomorrow.
    Great! All aboard. Fasted till 2 on 2tb of cream and coffee...at a chess tourn all day with my son. Had 2 hb eggs at 2pm and a 3 egg omelette and 2tb of butter at 4 pm...and will have strip steak for dinner at 6ish then close the kitchen. Horrible headache probably from switching back to fat burning from temporary slip back to glucose....feels good to be primal and back in control again!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast