Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hitting the Reset Button for the last time! Anyone want to join in? page 3

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    How did everyone do today? I decided to do a potato hack day and it went well, though I did eat some jerky too so technically it wasn't an all spuds day I also only drank one serving of diet soda-really happy about this! Tomorrow I'm going to try to do the whole day without any!
    *~Sara~*

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    Hi all - day 3 went well...lifted this morning... heavy cream 2T, fasted till 2, then 4hb eggs and 2 gf hotdogs 4 asparagus steamed...then at 6 10 oz gf ribeye, 2TB kerrygold, and 1/4c leftover roasted chicken...1250C 65/35 f/p

I love the feature on myfitnesspal after you submit your food for the day where it says "if every day were like today you would weigh ____ in 5 weeks"

If only everyday could be like today when you feel strong and make good choices.

Derrick35 is offline Junior Member
    Good evening. I thought I would jump in as well as today was my first day of being Primal. We can all use support right?

Little history. Known about Paleo the last few years. Friends of mine have done it with great results. I've attempted before but I've always fallen off the wagon. I've determined its sugar. I just love Chocolate. Not sweets like donuts, pasteries, etc. Just Chocolate. Over the last few years I have made improvments and I dont really care about bread or rice or other grains. So i'm determined this time around to make a long lasting change.

I've also got new children in my life and I really want to be able to enjoy playing with them in a few years when they are more active. That and im tired of being the heavy guy.

I'll have to check out myfitnesspal. I eat quite a bit of soups mixed with meat and veggies, so not sure how that would work, but a rough idea might be nice.

So woke up this morning hoping to see some progress after 3 good days but not an ounce...ouch...looks like the 2lb gain from my craziness on Friday wants to stick around for a while...was hoping for atleast .25 lb movement but nada....not going to use it as an excuse though...I'm done with that...just keep going, focus on having another good day to build on the new me...

Derrick35 welcome...you can enter recipes in myfitnesspal an save them...helps you get an estimate of what your eating which helps keep me in reality...my weakness is homemade chocolate chip cookies...I have told myself, once i reach my goal weight and transition into maintenance, I'm going to learn how to have 1 maybe once a week or so where I sit down and eat it slowly and mindfully and enjoy every bite and then stop at 1...or maybe by that point I won't want them anymore...just tell yourself you are not giving chocolate up just putting it on hold for a while....it will always be there just not right now...

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Morning!

Well, the caffeine withdrawal hit in the middle of the night-woke up with a horrible headache Going to try and just power through it!

I'm also officially starting to track my calories/macros today on mfp, to get an idea of what's going on. I do think my weight has finally started to settle into maintenance though, which I'm really happy about.
    *~Sara~*

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not officially tracking intake anywhere, but having some success this week. Hoping to see a new low in a day or two. Yesterday's intake:
    B - 4 eggs cooked in butter, sausages, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries
    L - 2 HB eggs, small steak
    D - cheeseburger on romaine lettuce, Italian sausage, green beans

Was full enough after dinner that I resisted the urge for some ice cream. Somewhat of a major feat as it was HOT here last night. The weather is cooling off today so the urge should die down a bit.

Derrick35 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome aprilmomma! Another day of progress! I've decided im going to just weigh myself Sunday morning when i first get up. That way its always 7 days. No worrying about it. Then i can tell you fine folks how im doing!

Hey Sara, Hope you do well. I gave up caffeine in my 20s and havent missed it at all. Great job teach2183 about avoiding the ice cream!

One of the primal things im going to be working on is trying to get more sleep. Normally its 5-6 hours a night. im going to see if i can start getting 7 hours.

I also do very little excercise. My plan is to start walking everyday. At home and hopefully at work during the day. Shoot for 6 hours a week which is 6 hours more then I do now!

Has anyone done the primal excercise's that Mark suggests? Planks, pushups, squats, etc? I'm not very strong but for some reason I want to wait a few weeks before I start. I dont know if thats a mental block with an aversion to excercise or what...

Have a great day folks!

Bad day today...dinner got held up by kids activities and was so ravenous that I ate 2x my daily calories atleast...all primal but crazy amounts of food...7 eggs, 4tb cream, 4tb butter, 1lb gf ground beef, bag of spinach, asparagus 1c pureed tomatoes...crazy

finally full but now uncomfortably so...might do a fat fast for 2 days to get appetite back under control

Atleast i stayed primal...no chocolate chip cookies

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aprimalmomma View Post
    Bad day today...dinner got held up by kids activities and was so ravenous that I ate 2x my daily calories atleast...all primal but crazy amounts of food...7 eggs, 4tb cream, 4tb butter, 1lb gf ground beef, bag of spinach, asparagus 1c pureed tomatoes...crazy

finally full but now uncomfortably so...might do a fat fast for 2 days to get appetite back under control

Atleast i stayed primal...no chocolate chip cookies
    You ate all that at once? That's pretty impressive :-)

Today's intake:
    B - 4 eggs, 2 burgers, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries
    L - 1HB egg, 1 slice ham - wasn't really hungry and was at the park with the kids
    D - Taco salad - ground beef, diced tomatoes, shredded romaine lettuce, shredded cheddar, sour cream

Fighting the urge for ice cream right now, but feeling fairly full from dinner. Another hot day here though and have a headache on and off. Will see if I'm hungry in a half hour and then do a small serving if ice cream with some fruit on top if I need something.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Hi all, sorry I haven't been posting. Got caught in a binge cycle over the weekend. Yesterday I ate a few SAD foods as well, so today is back to day one for me. But so far, so good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast