Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Hitting the Reset Button for the last time! Anyone want to join in? page 2

  1. #11
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770
    Shop Now
    Today is back to day one for me for nutritional ketosis. Glad to be back on track today. Can't wait to be back in ketosis.

  2. #12
    aprimalmomma's Avatar
    aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Today is back to day one for me for nutritional ketosis. Glad to be back on track today. Can't wait to be back in ketosis.
    My head has been pounding all day...the return trip to NK is rough but no Advil for me...good to be uncomfortable so I will think twice about sugar/carb binging again...ended day at 1400C...75% fat 25% protein...about 200 calories higher than I like to go but all primal so will pull it all together tomorrow and hit my target

  3. #13
    wink41's Avatar
    wink41 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1
    I need to do the whole reset thing too. I joined the forum as part of my whole reset effort. Subscribing to this thread to join you in spirit!

  4. #14
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by aprimalmomma View Post
    My head has been pounding all day...the return trip to NK is rough but no Advil for me...good to be uncomfortable so I will think twice about sugar/carb binging again...ended day at 1400C...75% fat 25% protein...about 200 calories higher than I like to go but all primal so will pull it all together tomorrow and hit my target
    Yeah, I have the typical post bing/next day symptoms. Skin hurts, bloated, tired and having bad stomach ache/nausea and feeling really depressed and anxious. Makes me wonder why I do this to myself in the first place. So stupid.

  5. #15
    mom23kids's Avatar
    mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    237
    Count me in! This past week has been absolutely horrible-from last Saturday to yesterday I went out to eat 6 times Results-today I'm super bloated and the scale is up 3lbs (it's that time of month too, but usually that doesn't affect the scale). I could hardly button my jeans today
    I've also let my diet soda habit creep back up-was doing really well with just one or two cans a day (cut back from 6+), but this week I'm back up to 4-5 ugh. I've also cut way back on my water consumption.

    Tomorrow is day one of getting back on track-upping the water and I've decided to totally cut out the soda. I'm now ready to let it go, but it isn't going to be pretty lol. I may also do a potato hack day tomorrow-I've found this works really well for getting rid of sugar cravings.

    I've also decided to go in a new direction with IF. I've done a mix of adf/5:2 and think it's time to try 8/16. Now that I'm in maintenance I don't need the low calorie IF days anymore, but still want to do IF. I think an eating window will be a better fit, for where I am right now. Going to try 11am-7pm and see how that goes.
    Last edited by mom23kids; 05-19-2013 at 06:04 PM.
    *~Sara~*

  6. #16
    aprimalmomma's Avatar
    aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    Count me in! This past week has been absolutely horrible-from last Saturday to yesterday I went out to eat 6 times Results-today I'm super bloated and the scale is up 3lbs (it's that time of month too, but usually that doesn't affect the scale). I could hardly button my jeans today
    I've also let my diet soda habit creep back up-was doing really well with just one or two cans a day (cut back from 6+), but this week I'm back up to 4-5 ugh. I've also cut way back on my water consumption.

    Tomorrow is day one of getting back on track-upping the water and I've decided to totally cut out the soda. I'm now ready to let it go, but it isn't going to be pretty lol. I may also do a potato hack day tomorrow-I've found this works really well for getting rid of sugar cravings.

    I've also decided to go in a new direction with IF. I've done a mix of adf/5:2 and think it's time to try 8/16. Now that I'm in maintenance I don't need the low calorie IF days anymore, but still want to do IF. I think an eating window will be a better fit, for where I am right now. Going to try 11am-7pm and see how that goes.
    Welcome aboard...Good morning so far...up at 4 am lifing heavy things by 4:30 now off to shower and get everyone off to work/school...facial puffiness is much better this morning and was finally brave enough to get back on the scale after Friday...up 2lbs...hoping its water but that may be delusional...today's goal is to remain 100% primal but not overeat even the good stuff...

    Finished my bar of salted kerrygold last night and not taking a new one out of the freezer...munching on shavings while I cook or clean up is definitely a weakness....

  7. #17
    kathmmoore's Avatar
    kathmmoore is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Essex, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1
    Iím in!! I have literally just joined this forum and I am in exactly the same situation. I have spend the last 16 years of my life on a yo-yo diet and I have had enough.
    I am still a bit unsure how many calories to eat and how much fat, (I am too used to conventional diets and feel the need to be told what to do ) but I have started the day the right way: Green tea with lemon and smoked salmon with 2 boiled eggs for breakfast. I have a chicken, avocado, olive and egg salad for lunch and some nuts to snack on. Tonight I will have homemade meatballs in a tomato sauce. I did bring an apple to work as a snack but that will take me over 50 gms of carbs so I have binned it .

    Please can you tell me what 20/4 stands for? I assume IF is intermittent fasting?

    Best of luck! We can do this!!!!

  8. #18
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,307
    Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    This past week has been absolutely horrible-from last Saturday to yesterday I went out to eat 6 times
    I'm going to suggest that while you are working on your reset, you start to think up a strategy for dealing with eating out, because it's going to come up again and again. Perhaps choosing healthier menu items and telling the server not to bring things you don't want but would eat if they showed up on your plate, perhaps packing up half the food into a take-home box before you eat any to keep your portions manageable. Eating out doesn't have to be a disaster.

  9. #19
    mom23kids's Avatar
    mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I'm going to suggest that while you are working on your reset, you start to think up a strategy for dealing with eating out, because it's going to come up again and again. Perhaps choosing healthier menu items and telling the server not to bring things you don't want but would eat if they showed up on your plate, perhaps packing up half the food into a take-home box before you eat any to keep your portions manageable. Eating out doesn't have to be a disaster.
    Well, I think 6 times was a new record for us lol. I did make some primal choices (a steak with salad one time etc), but there was a lot of non-primal choices too. We just had several things hit at once-Mother's Day (bringing grandmas out to dinner), a birthday, end of year volunteer wrap up etc etc. The first meal out was the steak, but then after that I got lazy and the last meal out, this past Saturday night, was chicken fingers and the onion rings. So, I got sloppy-you're right, I need to stay focused when I go out!

    This morning I'm excited to get back at it-drinking a glass of water right now and planning on breaking my fast at 11am with a potato hack day. I also took several days off of walking/strength training, due to a pulled muscle in my leg, but that's feeling much better so I'm going to walk two miles after dropping the kids off to school and I'll do strength training this afternoon
    Last edited by mom23kids; 05-20-2013 at 04:37 AM.
    *~Sara~*

  10. #20
    aprimalmomma's Avatar
    aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    96
    Welcome...yes IF is intermittent fasting...I've tried many of the different methods, bulletproof, lean gains, fast 5, warrior diet..i found what works best for me is a hybrid approach...i use 1 tb of cream in my morning and again at noon coffee ala bulletproof...i try to get to about 2pm when i open the eating window with a light meal like 2 hb eggs then i have my main meal about 6 pm ala warrior diet...on weekends I do more of a lean gains 18/6 so i can have flexibility if hubby wants to do brunch...

    The key is to experiment and see what works for you and helps you to avoid your indiv pitfalls.
    Sent from my PG06100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •