Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: skorpion317: Steak. Eggs. Let's do this.

Shop Now
    Can this steak & eggs thing work without much in the way of a workout, or a lesser workout like dumbbells?

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Looking at your pictures between now and when you were at your heaviest- I'm wondering if at least some of what is around your belly might just be loose skin. That, unfortunately, doesn't care what your macros and lifting routines are . . .

However- the overall difference between then and now is IMPRESSIVE!
    Thanks!

I'm positive that I still have some abdominal fat. It's too thick to just be loose skin. That being said, I have seen a slight fat reduction over the last 2 weeks. Mostly on my upper body, but my sides seem to have gotten a little smaller.
    "Don't waste your time, or time will waste you."

Quote Originally Posted by EMonger View Post
    Can this steak & eggs thing work without much in the way of a workout, or a lesser workout like dumbbells?
    I'd at least do some kind of strength workout. If you don't have access to barbells, dumbells or kettlebells are a good idea. A good bodyweight program can help too.

End of Week 2 update:

5/21 - 190.2 lbs.
    5/23 - 190 lbs.
    5/25 - 190.4 lbs.
    5/26 - 192 lbs. Refeed day.

I hovered between 188.8 lbs. and 191 lbs. this week. I seem to have lost some fat from my upper body, and a little from my abdomen. The refeed was refreshing from a mental standpoint. We'll see how much it helped during week 3.

Lifted yesterday, workout "A":

Bench - 175 lbs. (1x10), 185 lbs. (2x8) - volume day
    Squat - 275 lbs. (1x5), 290 lbs. (2x3) - Haven't hit a wall with squats yet, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'll add volume when my squat progress stops.
    Bent-over row - 155 lbs. (3x5)
    Tricep extensions - 95 lbs. (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion317 View Post
    Lifted yesterday, workout "A":

Bench - 175 lbs. (1x10), 185 lbs. (2x8) - volume day
    Squat - 275 lbs. (1x5), 290 lbs. (2x3) - Haven't hit a wall with squats yet, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'll add volume when my squat progress stops.
    Bent-over row - 155 lbs. (3x5)
    Tricep extensions - 95 lbs. (3x5)
    Nice results! A little over 8 lbs. in 17 days is tremendous. It would be nice to get to your goal weight of 185 but body fat % is probably a more important measurement as I am sure you are gaining some muscle weight.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Nice results! A little over 8 lbs. in 17 days is tremendous. It would be nice to get to your goal weight of 185 but body fat % is probably a more important measurement as I am sure you are gaining some muscle weight.
    Thanks!

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get a good BF% reading from my scale for over a week. Visually, I don't think I look too different. My wife says I have more definition, but I don't think I've lost a huge amount of body fat. This has been a recurring problem for me - I lose some body fat, but a little bit of lean mass goes with it. If I try to up my protein and calorie intake to keep lean body mass, my weight loss stalls.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion317 View Post
    Thanks!

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get a good BF% reading from my scale for over a week. Visually, I don't think I look too different. My wife says I have more definition, but I don't think I've lost a huge amount of body fat. This has been a recurring problem for me - I lose some body fat, but a little bit of lean mass goes with it. If I try to up my protein and calorie intake to keep lean body mass, my weight loss stalls.
    I hear you. What I did was forget about my weight and went super intense on the weight training, always forcing more weight, reps or sets. Ended up gaining a couple of lbs. overall but dropped body fat at the same time. According to my calculations I gained 7 lbs. of muscle and dropped a couple of lbs. of fat.

Is the steak & eggs plan suitable for those only interested in losing fat, or is this really a muscle-add thing?

--

What would Andy Taylor do?

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by EMonger View Post
    Is the steak & eggs plan suitable for those only interested in losing fat, or is this really a muscle-add thing?
    It was used by old-school bodybuilders to drop fat before a competition. It was intended to cut fat while preserving lean mass. If you eat above maintenance calorie levels, I don't see why it couldn't be used to build muscle also.