Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Start!!! Sandi page

sandi is offline Junior Member

New Start!!! Sandi

Primal Fuel
    HI
    I wanted a place to come and put my notes and ideas down and what I am eating and how much I am loosing!
    (I wonder if Living Primal will help my memory . I have a lot of weight to loose, I have alot of health to regain, I hate the way I let my self go, I have to learn not to take my frustrations and emotions with food. I hate how I feel, I hate how I look, I only hope at 57 it is not too late.
    I have Celiac, I have a allegy to many other foods, mainly fruit.
    It took me a long time to figure out about the Celiac and then to get tested. I am not always careful about what I eat and cheat, but the cheats have made me sick and sicker and its just not worth it.
    When my husband and parents died, I just stopped caring about me, which was wrong as I have 3 kids. They are now 31, 22, 19 all boys. I can go one but it seems now to be one excuse after another. So I am not gonna dwell in the past but the future. I know I might never be able to do crossfit but I hope to be able to go for long walks.
    I started on May 16th. I only weight my self yesterday, and I have to weight my self a few days to see if its stays around the same weight, I dont think its working well and I dont want to buy a new scale till i loose more weight.
    SO I lost but Ill see and decide on Sunday to see what is my weight, but I figure as long as it is going down, its all good. I want to feel better, I want to be able to do more in life, be more involved in my kids life, to go somewhere and not worry about will I "fit" in the seat. Did I just admit that?

OK This is gonna have to go slow to be 100% paleo, money being a issue and well as learning.

I am gonna start with todays menu,
    Bf was 4 eggs with butter
    snack was 3 bacon
    Lunch was some almonds not hungry and not at home to do much
    supper was a big salad with chicken and ranch dressing
    I know the dressing isnt allowed but I need to buy the oil and stuff.
    snack was water melon.

Im not hungry which is wonderful,
    Any hints and ideas and websites is welcome and thanks!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

I just turned 58. I have self-diagnosed gluten intolerance and a number of other food intolerances and sensitivities. In the past year or so I have slowly lost 60 pounds and am creeping closer to my goal.

You can do it!

Thank You EKatherine! Im sure gonna try my hardest.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    the only time you're too old to change is when you are in your box and hopefully this lifestyle will keep us out of it for a long time yet! welcome from another late starter

thanks for the smile. Carbdodger!!

Z0oom is offline Member
    Welcome Sandi, glad to see you are starting this amazing journey. It looks like you already know a thing or two about primal/paleo but I am sure you will learn much more as you research and discuss this diet with all of the knowledgeable people here. Your diet looks pretty good so far, as you go on be sure to make changes and challenge yourself and see what suits your lifestyle best.
    The financial aspect of this diet has been difficult, but with that has come many ways on how to save money. Personally I try to buy my grassfed beef in bulk, the more the better. Now instead of running to the store twice a week for overpriced grassfed beef, I get it from the farm, a few times a year and it saves much money and time. Also, consuming more ground beef than pricier steaks is a good option. I also buy olive and coconut oils in large bulk containers which dramatically reduces prices over time. Health stores know that people are trying to use healthy oils, they know they can stock a jar of coconut oil for $20 and it will sell. But online you can practically get it by the barrel for a very reduced cost. Also, I am always shopping around for eggs, either chicken or duck eggs. I compare the animals diets, how they live, the actual color of the yolks, and consistency, and of course price. Over time you will see what is worth the price and what isnt. Good example, at my local health food store, they were selling a pound of grassfed ground beef for $9.50.....way way too much. I also decided not to buy the very large goose eggs at 4$ an egg!

Feel free to ask any questions, this is a learning experience for us all

Thank you zoom. Where do you get your meat and oils from. do they store well. I have to take this one day at a time.

Am I eating enough?
    Today I had three eggs
    Two hot dogs small salad
    Two chicken breasts handful of sweet potato roasted
    One hot tea with a little cream
    One ice tea
    Water
    Four strawberries

Not really hungry.
    Hope everyone had a great day

Sunday is weight day. Lost 2.2 pounds. I'm happy with it, it was a week of cleAn eating of no glutton. Of course I wish it was more. I am not sure I am doing this right. I don't know if I am eating enough. This am I had eggs with butter two slices of microwave bacon. The bacon made me sick. Only had a tea with cream for lunch supper will have hamburger meat in it and veggies.

Monday, stressful day, friend had to put her pup to sleep. Made me relive doing it to my pup. Them this tornado. My heart goes out to everyone there.
    What I had to eat today
    4 eggs scrambled
    Salad with ranch
    Watermelon
    Few nuts
    I guess something like a shepherds pie with cauliflower mashed, some cheese, only to hold it together. Was good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast