Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kalli's Whole30 Experiment page

kalli889 is offline Senior Member

Kalli's Whole30 Experiment

Primal Fuel
    Okay. This is the second time I've tried a Whole30. The last time I went to a wedding and then disappeared off the PB planet due to work/life stress during which time I went down to 166 lbs back up to 184 lbs. In the time I was gone, I quit my job in NYC. I drove to LA and put my stuff in storage. I went to the jungles of Costa Rica to write. Got a call that my brother had a brain tumor, came up to the Seattle area to help out for a few months. During which time we all ate a lot of gluten-free baked things that people dropped off every week (day?) and all put on 15-20 lbs. (Hospitals are stressful and exhausting!)

So I'm back. I got rid of a lot of baddies in the past week, but still had a mocha, some caramels and chocolate, and corn tortillas at breakfast. I put on a zillion pounds in the past few years (size 4 to 14 -- felt like I was being eaten alive by fat).

Today for breakfast I had 2 chicken sausages, 2 eggs, coconut oil in coffee, and a few strawberries. I did bikram every day for the past 6 days and I'm beginning to hate coffee. Isn't that weird? I leave mugs of it half-drunk around the house. Do not like coffee. I was going to start a Whole30 yesterday, but I found half of the soy mocha I'd left out and I drank it. Now soy milk and mocha are no longer options.

Today I have a Whole 30 hangover (headache, fatigue) AND I want to kill all the things. Coffee is gross, so that won't help any.

I'm in Seattle at the gorgeous apartment that my brother and my SIL are staying at while he goes through radiation for brain cancer. I'm driving him back down to Oly this afternoon/tonight while my SIL goes on a retreat. I could putter around Seattle, but I'm tired and cranky and when I looked up the nearest coffee shops I found that one is a donut place and the other is a creperie. (Kill All The Things.)

I suppose I'll just rest and re-read IT STARTS WITH FOOD.

When I weighed myself a few days ago, I was 183 pounds and a size 14 pants. Now I have to go a whole month without weighing myself. (Not promising that is going to happen!)

XO

---------

Update: just had some almond butter and a handful of dried fruit (no added sugar!) and I no longer want to kill all the things. Super tired still.

I was reading a MDA post on sleep, and I think I may aim for a month of 10 hour of sleep a night, see what that does!
    Last edited by kalli889; 05-17-2013 at 03:07 PM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Erin.Patti is offline Member
    Hey! Good luck with your re-start in the face of so much going on in your life.

I just started-- I'm on Day 12 of 21 Day Total Body Transformation. Looking forward to hearing about your Whole 30 experience.

Patti
    SW: 213 (3/13)
    CW: 203 (6/11/13)

Goal: 185

Fat is delicious. You can quote me.

Hey! Thanks so much for the encouragement. Today I'm feeling really weird -- I want things that I NEVER have, want or even think about, like Starbucks caramel frappucinos. I'm eating more fruit and feeling less cranky, which is nice.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Today is better. At least for now, first thing in the morning. Instead of seeing all the things I can't (that I CHOOSE not to) eat, I'm seeing the things I can! Like fresh cherries! Blueberry tea! I'm at work for a bit this morning and I was looking at the ingredients on the So Delicious! Hazelnut Coconut Milk Creamer:

ORGANIC COCONUT MILK (WATER, ORGANIC COCONUT CREAM), DRIED CANE SYRUP, NATURAL FLAVORS, COLORED WITH TITANIUM DIOXIDE, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, CARRAGEENAN, GUAR GUM.

Sugar! Preservatives! Titanium Dioxide! Carrageenan!

And I thought, "Suckers...you don't even know what's in your creamer..." Even though I, until very recently, put that sh*t in my coffee. (What a PB snob I can be!)
    My Leptin Reset Journey

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Cherries in season are great! Yes!

BAB for the day!

2 eggs - 12g ptn
    6pcs bacon - 30g ptn
    1 chicken apple sausage - 13g ptn
    Sauerkraut

55g ptn! We have a winner!

Ok, so more bacon and less sausage. The sausages get too rich for me after a while. .
    My Leptin Reset Journey

narrowminded is offline Senior Member
    Hi Kalli,

Can't wait to hear how your Whole 30 goes. I'm cheering you on from the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by narrowminded View Post
    Hi Kalli,

Can't wait to hear how your Whole 30 goes. I'm cheering you on from the sidelines.
    Thank you!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Grocery shopping is a lot easier with Whole30. There's so much stuff with sugar, dairy, preservatives, etc., that I just pass by now! Even chocolate...I would sooooo binge on chocolate if I could. But it's not an option! Woo hoo! I do feel a bit cranky and odd. Maybe I'll make some sweet potato fries. I'm still getting those thoughts, those cravings for foods that I haven't had in a long time or even thought of. Like chocolate banana milkshakes. You know, several years ago, I did Atkins, and I convinced myself that a chocolate banana milkshake was a dairy servings. Seriously, self? That is so self-delusional.

Now that I can't squash my feelings with a gluten-free chocolate chip cookie, I have to actually deal with them! Bleah. Feelings. Boo. Boo feelings.

I went to Costco, and I almost got the giant huge superpack of bacon. Bacon with NITRATES. Poison bacon. POISON BACON. STEP AWAY. FROM THE POISON BACON. So I went to Trader Joe's afterwards and got uncured bacon. Also got andouille sausage, which is 21g per! WIN. At Trader Joe's, my treat was a box of mango black tea. Probably should have gotten a mango as well.

I love the solid calm I get when my food is totally clean. Can't wait for that.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I feel amazing. I made salmon, sauteed brussels sprouts with bacon and leeks, and sweet potato hash, and it was allllll DELICIOUS. I feel really happy and even-keel. This is a good feeling. This is how I always want to feel.

More sweet potatoes, less angerbear.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast