Thread: Anxiety and food page

andi is offline Member

Anxiety and food

Primal Fuel
    I've come across quite a few people here who have eating disorders similar to mine, and so I guess maybe that's why this seems like a good place to post this, even just to post it for the sake of writing about it and getting it off my mind. I've often found myself at a crossroads with food, sometimes to the point of being obsessive compulsive about it. Normally, I'd severely restrict my diet, and that resulted in being malnourished and missing a lot of necessary nutrients. Going primal was one of the most positive choices I've made, and I've been eating adequately for almost two months accordingly to the pb. I think this is the longest time span in over seven years where I've not skipped a day or relapsed into some sort of calorie-conscious mindset. The issue though, is that I've found myself being really careful about keeping my food entirely gluten-free and wheat/soy-free. To the point of washing my utensils before use, and being paranoid about things coming into contact with 'bread crumbs'. It seems silly to even reflect on this, since I'm not celiac or gluten intolerant, but it becomes hard to control sometimes, and even gives me anxiety, >.>
    I think that's it for now, maybe it's just a bad day or something. I hope everyone has a lovely Friday.

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Oh yes, I think restrictive eating disorders and obsession are one and the same. Great progress with your diet by the way, very impressive.

Do you know much about ortharexia? Have a google. It sounds as though you could be heading down this path. There are some goo threads open and active at the moment for disordered eating and support, have a search.

andi is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by VacillateWildly View Post
    Oh yes, I think restrictive eating disorders and obsession are one and the same. Great progress with your diet by the way, very impressive.

Do you know much about ortharexia? Have a google. It sounds as though you could be heading down this path. There are some goo threads open and active at the moment for disordered eating and support, have a search.
    Thank you for your comment. I've never heard of this before. Historically, my eating patterns were focused on just restricting quantity, but as I read some articles the behavior is all too familiar with how I've been lately, some of which I hadn't even noted.
    Thank you again.
    Last edited by andi; 05-17-2013 at 04:20 PM.