Thread: Not ready for that string bikini yet! page

mbtwos is offline Member

Not ready for that string bikini yet!

Hi Primal Community,

I am posting to the thread because I need some advice. I have been primal now since Sept 2012. In the first month of going primal, I lost about 8 pounds, 1 pant size and inches off areas that needed it. The second month it was a bit slower. It was about 4 pounds and the new pant size became a bit loose.

But since then, I haven't had any real lose. I actually noticed that my pants were getting a bit tighter.

What is my next move? Thanks for the help in advance!

Primal eating: 98%
    SW: 170
    CW: 160
    GW: 130
    Height: 5' 4"
    No perimenopausal symptoms
    Exercise: taekwondo - 1.5 hours 3X per week = lots of body weight exercises - no cronic cardio

Leida is offline Senior Member
    You will need to start experimenting with your calories, macros and food groups. You will need to identify the combination that keeps you energetic, reasonably full (meaning you get hungry but no so hungry that you can't stop eating once you have started) and minimally traumatized.

The common appetite inducers are fruit, dairy (all dairy, including hard cheese) and nuts/nut butters.

Normally, a diet low in sweet flavors is the most satiating, in one of the 2 versions:
    -lower fat (25-30%); leaner proteins (30-40%), higher carbohydrates including non-sweet tubers a-la white potato and lots of greens (Similar to the PHD sans 'pleasure foods)
    -really high fat, moderate protein (0.7-1 g per lb body mass) and next to no carbs (from green veggies). Since you are active, refeed on pure starch carbs (a white potato day) every 3 to 5 days

You can also try to experiment with the common groups to exclude, like nightshades etc. Basically the closer you eat to the meat & greens, the more likely you to lose weight but life may appear not worth livining (experience).

Unless you have already done so, try Intermittent Fasting, but drop it if it causes bingeing.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

mbtwos is offline Member
    Thank you Leida, let the experiment begin

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Move frequently at a slow pace.

mbtwos is offline Member
    Thanks aliphian! I'll get my bottom up away from the computer more often. Work just keeps me tied to it, but no excuse. I'll do it

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by mbtwos View Post
    Thanks aliphian! I'll get my bottom up away from the computer more often. Work just keeps me tied to it, but no excuse. I'll do it
    I understand completely. My job does the same thing to me. I have been slacking the past couple weeks because it has been unbearably hot.