Shop Now
    Children, children....

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    You are intellectually dishonest
    This is just a temper tantrum. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    And making shit up.

Somehow I still supposedly voted for the status quo, even though I voted third party. I'm not even sure I'm getting actual replies to my posts or or just regurgitated tirades from the last binge at the university pub.
    I haven't had a drink since Christmas and college is long since past. Weren't you attempting to lecture me about assumptions a few posts back? Just because you pull something out of your ass doesn't make it true. And you are again in this very post making shit up. You can't communicate your point clearly or respond to what I actually said so you invent lala land arguments to blabber on about.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Angel0 View Post
    This is just a temper tantrum. Grow up.

I haven't had a drink since Christmas and college is long since past. Weren't you attempting to lecture me about assumptions a few posts back? Just because you pull something out of your ass doesn't make it true. And you are again in this very post making shit up. You can't communicate your point clearly or respond to what I actually said so you invent lala land arguments to blabber on about.
    Troll
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Angel0 View Post
    Nope. Just got tired of your assumptions, so I made up a few of my own. Kinda sucks, doesn't it.

I'm bored now.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    kenn - your inbox is full.

As for all of this, it gets hard to tell what is up and what is down these days. Is it the government's job to support a robust economy? Well, I thought they were supposed to regulate interstate commerce, but beyond that, eh.... Also, when does support become interference? Also, what is welfare? - food stamps? Unemployment benefits which get extended again and again? Farm subsidies to huge agro-businesses? Billions to foreign countries? Billions to the Military-Industrial Complex? Free cell phones? Corporations paying next to nothing in taxes? A tax policy that encourages it? Much of it seems like legalized bribery/kick-backs to me in the form of campaign contributions and cushy jobs upon retirement. At least the A-hole in Illinois was up front about it when he tried to sell Obama's vacated seat.

Neither party is guilt-free as all are beholden to their (often the same) special interests, and, as Rita pointed out, voting third party is about as effective as pissing into the wind. Anyone who breaks from the party line on either side is called a loon or a crackpot. We've become so polarized over issues that will never be changed (abortion, guns, etc) that we lose sight of the larger picture. Frankly, it is rather disheartening.

As for me, I tend to fall on the 'leave me the f*ck alone and I will do you the same courtesy' side of the political spectrum. I don't have kids I can't afford, I didn't buy a house I can't pay for, I couldn't give two sh*ts what you want to smoke/drink/eat as long as I am not expected to pay for it, who you marry is your business, and I think taxes on everyone are too high. I work for the f*cking government and the amount of wasted money is appalling. Of course, any cuts they make will be in the wrong places so..eh, f*ck it.

Oh...and I should add that I have arms like a T-Rex. If the original post were correct I would be marching in Red Square or driving tanks over people in China.
    Last edited by canio6; 05-22-2013 at 06:11 AM.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Well, in regard to the study, I'm opposed to wealth redistribution and have some decent guns. If only I could oppose it to a greater degree and make my biceps grow! I guess I'll have to stick with chinups.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Can we talk about what physical factors would indicate a woman's position?

First let's go back to Grok days, hypothetically, and then maybe figure that the women were less likely to be involved in the physical act of seizing and reappropriating resources- which is to say, their men would probably do it, so that they could present trophies to the women and win favor.

So do you think maybe waist/hip ratio would play out like biceps do in men? Since the study comes up flat on ladies.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I would bet that fat and ugly women or scrawny and unhealthy ones would oppose it (because they are more likely to percieve their own ability to rally virile man support as weak), and that healthy and curvy women will support it, because they are more likely to perceive their ability to rally virile man support as an advantage for themselves.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    And "opportunity for everyone" is an admirable and Constitutionally approved goal, though we've been trying for more than 200 years now in this country alone.
    No we haven't. Capital controls government and capital loves cheap labor. A certain level of unemployment is by design.
    We only created the welfare state because A) laissez-faire collapsed, as many predicted it would and; B) we wanted the country from going red.

People are born different, have different skills, goals, dreams, work ethics, physical limitations, mental limitations, cultures, families, inheritances, genes... you can't ever ensure "a prosperous economy" that includes all of them.
    In modern America, picking the right parents trumps all of that. Talented people are crushed while rich people ensure their idiot kids are well protected.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    Can we talk about what physical factors would indicate a woman's position?

First let's go back to Grok days, hypothetically, and then maybe figure that the women were less likely to be involved in the physical act of seizing and reappropriating resources- which is to say, their men would probably do it, so that they could present trophies to the women and win favor.

So do you think maybe waist/hip ratio would play out like biceps do in men? Since the study comes up flat on ladies.
    The great requirements on women to woo men are not Paleolithic in my opinion. Before monogamy, I think women probably sort of had their choice of men because men would just have sex with all the willing females. That's why I think males have far less developed instincts to choose a healthy mate. They were taking every thing they could get, even if they were alphas.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast