Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Bicep size & belief systems page 10

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    Is that you in your avatar? I would scientifically rank you in the attractive column, and, you are opposed to the idea of forcibly redistributing wealth.
    Yes, that's me. Thank you!

So, if female attractiveness is like biceps in men in this regard, we might assume that you are not poor?
    I make about $45k right now working a manual labor male-dominated job. I'm getting laid off quite soon (like... probably Friday) and I'll end up making about half that, at least for a few years.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I know that people who make more than $10 an hour like to cry poor, but where I live, 45K is rich as shit. Two wage-earners don't make that.

Hypothesis supported, 1-0. How bout a poor and attractive girl? Where you at ladies? I would wager that you DO want to see income redistribution.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know that people who make more than $10 an hour like to cry poor, but where I live, 45K is rich as shit. Two wage-earners don't make that.
    Average 3-bedroom house in a standard neighborhood where you won't get shot getting the mail runs around $150k around here, though they were going for double that 7 or 8 years ago before the bubble burst. Not a fancy neighborhood at all for something in that range.

So.. about $650 per month payment (disregarding PMI and HOA and any other additional stuff) for housing. Electricity for a house that size ranges from around $75 in the winter to (I wish I were kidding) $300 per month in the summer. Closer to $250 if the house is newer with decent insulation and a reasonably-sized air conditioner. Comes out to less than $1,000 to own a house. We rent because we're not sure we want to stay here, so that raises the cost of a similar house to $1100 per month plus utilities.

Minimum wage here (regardless of whether you receive tips or not) comes out to a little more than $17k, so a couple could conceivably make $35k working full time.

ETA: This is the first job I've ever had where I've made that much, and it's a flat out scary and dangerous job sometimes. I only make that because I've been doing it for 6 years now.

All of the jobs I had prior to this were between $10/hour ($20k) and $13/hour max ($27k), and I still felt this way.
    Last edited by RitaRose; 05-30-2013 at 05:13 PM.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910