Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you feel like an oddball as far as your tastes are concerned? page 2

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My kids are oddballs because they like pretty much everything. The don't live on mac & cheese, chicken fingers, french fries and goldfish crackers.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Leida is offline Senior Member
    You're also not native to Canada/US (right?), so your tastes are probably very different than those around you. What is "gross" in one society is normal fare in another.
    Well, I did not exactly grew up in a yurt on the wide and wild Mongolian steppes, and to be honest, I love all things Asian (save for Thai food) more than what I grew up with. There was no shortage of chocolate, lol! My folks still send us every kind of candy across the ocean....
    Last edited by Leida; 05-17-2013 at 11:44 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    What is "gross" in one society is normal fare in another.
    Oh, don't you know it! I had the absolute best time during my trip last fall back to my mom's village in Germany - eating stuff that no "sane" American would likely touch, even if they had heard of it at all. Loved every delicious, lip-smacking minute.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Well, I did not exactly grew up in a yurt on the wide and wild Mongolian steppes
    Well no, but I remember reading a lot about growing up with Polish and/or Russian foods

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I think my taste buds are not aligned with the East Europenians as well... lol. Kimchi beats sauerkraut and I have no interest in kielbasa of any sort... I think that save for cabbage, beets and apples/pears, I have not eaten anything from my fav foods list growing up...
    Last edited by Leida; 05-17-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Mmm, kielbasa :P well you know what I mean. A good amount of my typical American friends wouldn't touch half of the things I eat, and they're not even all that strange. And they're not open to trying foods from other cultures for whatever weird things might be in them or what it sounds like. That's more strange to me, but to each their own!

I'm born in the US, but grew up exposed to other cultures from a young age so I pretty much like or will try anything.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I like a lot of the foods you mention and am able to easily detach myself from many "bad" foods. Fruit and small amounts of sugar is my secret weapon.

I never ate pizza regularly (like whole years without so much as a slice) till I was 38. Then I did get addicted to it, but dropped it just as easily as I picked it up, and may never eat it again.

Green Deane Guest
    The question worries me more than the answer. Eat what you want to eat. If others don't like or understand it that is their problem not yours. No one should feel like an "oddball" no matter what their diet. I once had a roommate who only ate burnt egg whites... three times a day. So what? In matters of taste there is no debate. The point of eating is not to satisfy someone else's notion of what should be eaten. The point of eating is to satisfy and maintain yourself. What anyone else thinks is irrelevant.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I'm an older woman who lift weights, eat chicken hearts by the dozen and like tattoos. Yep, I have oddball tastes.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Cordof is offline Junior Member
    I have 'odd' tastes according to my work colleagues ... Apple with almond butter usually gets the most comments.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast