Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vegetarian Friends page

ikaika is offline Senior Member

Vegetarian Friends

I went over to some vegetarian friends' house tonight and had *gasp* bean and corn chilli for dinner.

I really don't feel bad. I mean, physically. Mentally, the whole time I was thinking (to quote Bobby Lee) "COOOOOORN!!!!!!!" while sirens blared in my head.

Ever do something you think is really going to throw you just to shrug about it later?

-写

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Heh I'm sure you'll be just fine. It takes a lot to break a human being, especially one who eats good food.

Vegetarians live longer huh? FFS why is it that every vegetarian I know eats grains, soy, and sugar like mad and warns me that the pesticides in my meat are unhealthy, even if it's grass-fed because apparently there are environmental toxins that land on the grass that the cows eat and that bioaccumulates and is slowly slowly killing me, apparently. *facepalm*

The biggest dangers to human health are not those poisons which the body treats as enemies but those poisons which the body mistakes as sustenance. And probably GMO corn and soy. If you star growing hair in weird places and dogs get sick after licking your hand you should probably see a doctor. I think you're fine though.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    It's funny how society dictates that you must understand people who are vegetarian, but not the other way around. I myself would not hesitate to say "Sorry, I don't eat plants."
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Kasey is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    If you star growing hair in weird places and dogs get sick after licking your hand you should probably see a doctor. I think you're fine though.
    lol... the dogs ; )

maba is offline Senior Member
    Most of our friends are vegetarians and when we get invited to their homes, I usually eat the home-cooked traditional foods and avoid the store-bought/processed/gluten stuff.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    ............. there are environmental toxins that land on the grass that the cows eat .........
    But the fields of wheat, maize, and soy have a roof over, right?

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member
    lol, NMG
    challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    I don't know, I dont really think going off track for one meal or one day will hurt you much in the big scheme of things Personally just started experimenting with carb refeeds and did my first one yesterday, eating a box of rice krispies, white rice, several baking potatoes and even some oats with honey. And I feel perfectly fine, except for a bit of bloating. Obviously back to primal again today

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Whoa! Thats a lot of carbohydrates... more than I ate before primal! Wildness Keep us posted on how it 'works...'!
    Thanks guys. I don't believe it 'threw me off' even a bit, and I enjoyed it anyway! I miss beans. It was a dinner worth shrugging off!

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For me Sunday dinner with my family is my 20% for the week. I still eat mostly meat then but I do have dessert sometimes. I find that it helps keep me much more strict during the rest of the week though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast