Thread: Gaining weight on Paleo?!? page

martunja is offline Junior Member

Gaining weight on Paleo?!?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi all,
    I have been eating Paleo about 1,5 months - with occasional slip offs around holidays, but never for long...
    Before going Paleo I started a weight loss journey, hoping to loose 40 lbs altogether, which I gained with my 2 pregnancies. I lost 25 lbs by changing my eating habits and eating low fat and other typical "diet" food. Since switching to Paleo, I gained 5 pounds back and it is very frustrating. I have been on whole milk/yoghurt, using more animals fat and coconut oil, as well as occasional coconut flour treats. No sugar, only honey occasionally. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Should I lower fat consumption? Please help!

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Perhaps you are consuming too many calories. Try tracking that for a week to see where that stands.

LSparacino is offline Junior Member
    Get rid of the dairy. Whole milk has so much fat and lactose is sugar!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Plus, what's your bf% (and what is your goal) Sometimes the ideal image people have of themselves in their head isn't the healthiest they can be.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right