Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 58 and GOT to make changes!!!! page

jawjuhdawg is offline Junior Member

Question 58 and GOT to make changes!!!!

Primal Fuel
    Okay, 40#'s overweight, Dr. warning me to make changes, don't sleep well, high bp, and I'm finally sick of it!! Read books, listened to podcasts, starting on paleo now. Will keep below 50gms carbs/day. Question. How long before I start seeing blood test results? (I know everyone varies. Just a general idea). I need to convince my Dr. to give me time before going the med route. Already on bp med and want to drop that in time too!!

Thank you for your support. I need it!!

leighlu is offline Member
    Hey there Jawjuhdog in Stuart. Nice to see another South Floridian on here. If you have baseline labs now, I would wait at least three months primal/paleo before a redraw. That is when I started seeing results. Two years primal here and going strong. Good luck to you and please feel free to ask anything. Everyone here is very supportive.

Leigh Ann in Okeechobee

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jawjuhdawg View Post
    Okay, 40#'s overweight, Dr. warning me to make changes, don't sleep well, high bp, and I'm finally sick of it!! Read books, listened to podcasts, starting on paleo now. Will keep below 50gms carbs/day. Question. How long before I start seeing blood test results? (I know everyone varies. Just a general idea). I need to convince my Dr. to give me time before going the med route. Already on bp med and want to drop that in time too!!

Thank you for your support. I need it!!
    Start losing weight. See if that will keep your doctor satisfied until you reach your goal weight.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Yeah my doctor also said he would give me six months, but he has seen me in the meantime 50lbs lighter and hasn't even mentioned it I am sure if he sees you working at it he will relax.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    Yeah my doctor also said he would give me six months, but he has seen me in the meantime 50lbs lighter and hasn't even mentioned it I am sure if he sees you working at it he will relax.
    And you guys are losing the weight just by doing paleo? I already exercise. Lots of walking, kayaking couple times a week.

I started with the diet. Added in the other elements after I had the diet down. I have a fairly active job so I just added in strength training. I saw weight results right away.

Quote Originally Posted by leighlu View Post
    I started with the diet. Added in the other elements after I had the diet down. I have a fairly active job so I just added in strength training. I saw weight results right away.
    Thanks. I have an active job as well in health care. Lots of walking, 12 hour shifts. Couple of days now on paleo. I sure hope whiskey is okay. Other than that haven't missed the bad stuff much. I guess according to the experiences of many here, the "flu" is coming though.

Alcohol is Ok for some people, but you burn alcohol for fuel before fat, so be careful. I am in healthcare as well. The flu sucked for me, but I was a carb junkie. Some people on here have said it wasn't so bad for them.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    As your diet improves and your weight drops your blood pressure will likely come down. Sometimes within weeks you will see a small but consistent drop. My blood pressure (which was normal) has even come down to the very low end of normal!

Remember that your doctor works for you and can't make you do anything you aren't ready for. However, high blood pressure is hard on your body, so if you don't see results, it may be worth while to medicate as needed temporarily and then wean off the meds slowly when your bp comes down.

Just stick with it! You'll see great results and then you can come back and tell us how your doctor is thrilled with your progress but wants you to eat less fat and more healthy whole grains It happens all the time around here!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    As your diet improves and your weight drops your blood pressure will likely come down. Sometimes within weeks you will see a small but consistent drop. My blood pressure (which was normal) has even come down to the very low end of normal!

Remember that your doctor works for you and can't make you do anything you aren't ready for. However, high blood pressure is hard on your body, so if you don't see results, it may be worth while to medicate as needed temporarily and then wean off the meds slowly when your bp comes down.

Just stick with it! You'll see great results and then you can come back and tell us how your doctor is thrilled with your progress but wants you to eat less fat and more healthy whole grains It happens all the time around here!
    Thanks! Already losing almost a pound a day since I started. Pretty exciting. Good point earlier about alcohol. I'll drop that. I read your web-site about Lectins. Very interesting and something I didn't know about before. Cravings are killing me right now, haha. Pushing through it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast