Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Black Hole in your house page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

The Black Hole in your house

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You know the one: the place that your other socks, spare pens, and guitar plectrums vanish to... and never return.

I've mislaid my measuring tape and it's really bugging me. Where do all these bloody items go??

So, question: have you lost items that eventually turned up somewhere odd, and if so where?

Also, why does it frequently happen that as soon as tell someone you're looking for something, you find it? (hence me starting this post... No one in my real life could understand the gravity of losing a measuring tape )
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Paleobird Guest
    Well, I have a dog so I can always blame it on him taking the items somewhere and hiding them like burying a bone.

You wouldn't believe all the stuff I found when I moved from my house to my new condo. Stuff gets back down behind furniture. That may be where your tape is hiding. Could it have slid off the back of a dresser or cabinet?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I generally blame the gnomes. ;-)
    I know I misplaced a pair of underwear for the longest time, only to find it between the drawer and the back of the dresser. I've also misplaced my phone, only to find it when the fridge started ringing. I misplaced a stuffed animal back when I was a kid, only to find it after I moved out on a visit home. I blame the cats, although how they got something as big as themselves into the crawlspace, I'll never know.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Important little stuff like that I just buy half a dozen of them at a time. It takes a lot longer for them to disappear that way.

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    The Recovery Elves took it. I see this as a good thing, the Universe is quietly looking after you. ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    My stuff only comes back when I declare that it's gone forever. Sometimes it comes back if I go look for something else. It usually comes back if I buy a replacement.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    A friend's theory: aliens take them to do research. When they're done, they return them. That's why we find them in places we could swear we looked a number of times.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    That black hole has my vegetable peeler. I'm trying to hold off buying a new one in hopes it'll turn up but I suck at peeling sweet potatoes with a knife and there are two just sitting there calling my name, telling me how delicious they would be with butter.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    My dryer somehow takes single socks and transforms them into wire coat hangers. I buy only quality clothes hangers, and have never once in my entire life bought wire ones, but there seem to be more and more in my closets. And there's always an odd sock when I do laundry.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

luckylegs is offline Junior Member
    I'm terrible for throwing my veg peeler away with the peelings, the one I have now has a bright red handle, problem solved....I hope!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast