Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Black Hole in your house page 3

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    With me it's reading glasses and sunglasses that have their very own optical black hole. I just went and bought about a dozen new reading glasses at CVS and I put one in each room, one in my purse, one by my computer, etc. I think it's when you start transporting things from one spot to another that they make their escape.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    With me it's reading glasses and sunglasses that have their very own optical black hole. I just went and bought about a dozen new reading glasses at CVS and I put one in each room, one in my purse, one by my computer, etc. I think it's when you start transporting things from one spot to another that they make their escape.
    This is my mom!

My entire house is a black hole. There are just piles of stuff everywhere. But don't try to move any of it! "I knew exactly where that important document was until you cleared my crap off the kitchen counter @#$%^$%!!"

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Well, it would appear that the Black Hole really needs my measuring tape. It's given me a cheque for 80 and a return bus ticket to the airport in its place

Quote Originally Posted by VacillateWildly View Post
    The Recovery Elves took it. I see this as a good thing, the Universe is quietly looking after you.
    I'll show that Universe...

The worst part is when you realise that the black hole for glasses is on top of your head...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    My dryer somehow takes single socks and transforms them into wire coat hangers. I buy only quality clothes hangers, and have never once in my entire life bought wire ones, but there seem to be more and more in my closets. And there's always an odd sock when I do laundry.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaHorse View Post
    Seems that I have the "white hole" somewhere in the apartment. Worst that it moved with us from previous home. Stuff keeps poping up from nowhere, nobody knows why or what it is, it doesn't belong to anybody (hence nobody feels responsible for tidying the room). I can blame some on the kids - like cosmetics, hair pins, etc, but occasionally there are also computer spare parts, boxes, cups, jackets, bags, empty beer bottles, and such. Can't blame the dogs, right?
    LOL
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-17-2013 at 01:56 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    The worst part is when you realise that the black hole for glasses is on top of your head...
    Been there!! My kids think it is hilarious that I need another pair of glasses in order to find the bifocals I misplaced.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

MattyH is offline Junior Member
    There was a Ziggy cartoon about a hundred years ago: Ziggy is asleep in bed, there's a spaceship on the windowsill, and two aliens are standing over his sock drawer holding up pairs of socks. The caption is "I have no idea what these things are, lets take one of each to make sure."

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    When my clothing disappears, it's usually my husband's fault. He sometimes takes the initiative to put laundry away and I generally will find things I am unable to locate either in his closet (my jeans) or his dresser (my shirts). We're not terribly different in size - I'm 5' 5 and he's 5' 7.
    Oh, you started so promissingly and then its just jeans... Hoped at least for a revelation that he wears your lingerie and lace top socks.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaHorse View Post
    Oh, you started so promissingly and then its just jeans... Hoped at least for a revelation that he wears your lingerie and lace top socks.
    There was that time after I'd lost a lot of weight when my boyfriend got dressed to go out and started complaining that his pockets had something wrong with them. There weren't holes in them, they were gone.

What can possibly happen to pockets? Where can they go?

I finally looked, and saw that he was wearing a pair of my jeans, the ones with the ornamental pockets in the front. LOL. Yeah, they fit a little funny, too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123