Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Black Hole in your house page 2

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Seems that I have the "white hole" somewhere in the apartment. Worst that it moved with us from previous home. Stuff keeps poping up from nowhere, nobody knows why or what it is, it doesn't belong to anybody (hence nobody feels responsible for tidying the room). I can blame some on the kids - like cosmetics, hair pins, etc, but occasionally there are also computer spare parts, boxes, cups, jackets, bags, empty beer bottles, and such. Can't blame the dogs, right?

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Laughing! My kids will tell you that I am an unreasonable sonofagun if something goes missing. Maybe I am a wee bit OCD in that regard. I instituted a bounty system - a fat treat to whomever finds lost thingy of the week. We almost always find everything now! There are very few items still my MBI Most Wanted list...

(Mom's Bureau of Investigation)
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    I have a cupboard. You don't want to go in there - you may never come out alive!!

Can't blame my dogs for missing stuff, because they generally steal stuff and then leave it all in the middle of the floor for me to pick up!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    The best way to find your measuring tape is to buy another measuring tape. The first one will surface within 1 to 5 days after the purchase. Proven on numerous occasions.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    When my clothing disappears, it's usually my husband's fault. He sometimes takes the initiative to put laundry away and I generally will find things I am unable to locate either in his closet (my jeans) or his dresser (my shirts). We're not terribly different in size - I'm 5' 5 and he's 5' 7.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    The best way to find your measuring tape is to buy another measuring tape. The first one will surface within 1 to 5 days after the purchase. Proven on numerous occasions.
    Yes! My husband says the way to find something is to replace it.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I lose socks in the laundry all the time. I think I'm going to get a large lingerie bag and start laundering all my socks in it so they stay together. And then another for my actual undies would be good.

I lost my favorite bra and a t-shirt a couple of years ago, pretty sure I left them in a hotel when I was in California for job training. I lost my favorite necklace and have no idea where it might've ended up. It wasn't in my fiancÚ's room when we moved out of there to our apartment (room was completely empty when we left). It wasn't at my grandmother's house (I rarely took it off, but did at her house sometimes before bed). The chain was very secure, but I must have taken it off at some point and it slipped away somewhere. Still hoping it'll turn up. I have not gotten around to replacing it and it's been around 2 years.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

seashells is offline Senior Member
    I had a ferret once who created her own black hole in the arm of the sofabed. Socks, anything with velcro or a strap, powerbars (vegetarian runner at the time). If it was missing the first thing to do would be to get the bed out 1/4 of the way and then reach into the lining of the arm, the ferret watching intently the whole time, and retrieve my stuff.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seashells View Post
    I had a ferret once who created her own black hole in the arm of the sofabed. Socks, anything with velcro or a strap, powerbars (vegetarian runner at the time). If it was missing the first thing to do would be to get the bed out 1/4 of the way and then reach into the lining of the arm, the ferret watching intently the whole time, and retrieve my stuff.
    Gosh, ferrets. When I redid my kitchen we managed to get back all the stuff the ferret had hidden under the kitchen sink cabinet base. Socks, stuffed animals, so much stuff in that nest.

In the black hole in my home are dozens of nail clippers, nail files, measuring tapes, pens, and scissors.

seashells is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Nail clippers! I have a dozen and they're everywhere except when I need to trim.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast