Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First week primal! page

NATLES is offline Member

Cool First week primal!

Hi All,

I am a 33 year old wife and mother of a 4 year old daughter. My husband turned me onto this site and thankfully we are doing it together. Started on Monday, first 2 days were awesome and pretty easy. Day 3 was freakin' hard!! Cravings galore and thoughts of "how can I do this forever"! I got online and found some awesome recipes, including pancakes, enchiladas and many others. I am a person that needs variety in my diet so got really tired of bacon and eggs/omelets after a couple days but I think I have found some other alternatives.

Have to say that the website is great but was a bit overwhelming until I got used to it. A TON of information but learning as I go. I have lost almost 10 pounds since Monday and feeling pretty good. Had a bit of the carb flu on Tuesday afternoon, even had a small fever but recovered pretty quickly.

I know I have to make this change for my health and future, I am a hardcore carb/sugar addict. I feel better with more protein. We are also trying to get our daughter doing this as well, not making her follow 100% of course, she is a kid after all, but want her to be healthy and happy too!

Natalie

NATLES is offline Member
    Saw a post from a newbie and can't find it now but I have noticed having alot of hunger right after eating a huge salad after lunch. Not worried too much about it because I know I had enough to eat, stomach is probably just not used to that type of food. I have also noticed I am urinating ALOT!! I have been drinking about 6 glasses of water a day which is fairly normal for me but I think it may be water weight. I ate crap before, fast food, pizza, lots of diet soda. Anyone else having this issue?

Patti is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! It's great that you're able to do this as a family, that's going to make the transition much easier.

During my first week I had to urinate frequently as well. Everything went back to normal during the second week. Somehow it was easiest to envision my body purging itself of lots of toxins while refilling with "the good stuff". Sorry that you had to suffer through "carb flu". I was one of the lucky ones that escaped that side effect, but that may be because I'm going moderate carb with plenty of fruit and sweet potatoes. Has the incredible burst of energy hit yet? If not, wait for it! The boundless energy is always a lot of fun.

NATLES is offline Member
    Haven't experienced the boundless energy but I really don't feel bad. So glad to hear about the urinating, I kind of figured I was detoxing!! I have never been one with lots of energy so really looking forward to that!! Thanks for the reply!

rcav8r is offline Senior Member
    I too just finished my first week.

And do I hear you about the peeing!

Strange thing is, I think my biggest problem is actually getting enough protein and carbs to be in the "sweet spot" for weight loss. I'm losing weight yes, but I actually need to eat more. My food diary is interminnent, (sp) but that seems to be the general trend if I'm not watching it.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Natalie, I'm sure you're gonna love this way of eating and so glad it's a family affair for you guys. Best wishes.

ayumi is offline Member
    Welcome, I'm a fellow mom, with three boys We are going in our third week Primal. My husband and I mostly, the boys are easing into it.

It's great you've been going through recipes, that makes it easier to figure out what to feed everyone. If you have an iOS device, check out the FastPaleo app for more ideas. Do stop by my journal if you want, I post what recipes works for us and the kids. It'll be fun!

NATLES is offline Member
    Thanks everyone for your replies! Ayumi, I will definitely check out your journal. I just started a daily journal today and posted last nights dinner, chicken stroganoff with carrot and zucchini strips. It was amazing! Down 7 1/2 lbs since last week!!

ayumi is offline Member
    That looks yummy! What did you use for the cream part of the stroganoff?

GiGiEats is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Within a month's time you are going to be even happier than you turned yourself onto this lifestyle!!! I have been living this way 10 years! PHENOMENAL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast