Thread: Paleo and Herpes. Eek, I know. page

fraydecat is offline Junior Member

Red face Paleo and Herpes. Eek, I know.

Shop Now
    I wondered if anyone knew personally or otherwise if the Paleo Diet can help with strengthening the immune system, or suppressing herpes? Sorry if the question makes you uncomfortable, of course, you could just skip this thread, right? Any info. is appreciated!

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Coconut oil is meant to be good for immune. Pretty much every vitamin especially D and A are meant to be good for the immune system. Also iodine and selenium.

Plenty of info on here, for vitamin A and selenium I eat calf and chicken liver, vitamin D try and get as much sun as I can, iodine I've recently started buying and cooking with sea vegetables. More fun than kelp capsules and a much more substantial 'dose'.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    poor you, all the herpes strains cause more problems when you are stressed so I would think the healthier you stay the better you will be. The primal way of eating emphasises nutritionally dense foods so you aren't filling up on empty or non-beneficial carbs. It has to be better for you. Its helping me manage diabetes successfully and i believe its helping my body deal with cancer.These are both immune system issues. Id say give it a try- it definably cant make it worse

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Herpes and shingles outbreaks can be avoided. A family member of mine had shingles and with some research we found out that it's best to not have foods that are high in L-Arginine. You can eat foods higher in L-Lysine or I guess you could supplement. Nuts and seeds are high in L-Arginine.

I second the coconut oil recommendation. Hope this helps.

Paleobird Guest
    This thread is an old one but might have some valuable insights for you.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread13257.html

fraydecat is offline Junior Member
    Yes, it helps. I don't actually have the results yet, had to have a blood test done for antibodies. Looks like I need to cut out the nuts, which I have increased since eating primal. Foods with lysine, hmm. That's a new one on me.