Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Feminism page 6

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My definition of feminism has always been "Someone striving to make it so that women and men are equally free to choose their own paths."

However, rabid man-haters and anti-traditionalists have put me off calling myself a feminist, out of fear of being associated with them.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    As a woman I have to agree with these two. Everyone should be treated equally in the law, finance etc however that does not make everyone the same. I am different from men. I am very grateful for that. I like men and I like their differences. I am also 'white'. My hair and skin are different from 'black' or 'colored' (I use this term to include Asian, Native American etc) people. This does not make me better or them better. It just is. If we were more accepting of what just is then we would not still be having these conversations.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    My definition of feminism has always been "Someone striving to make it so that women and men are equally free to choose their own paths."

However, rabid man-haters and anti-traditionalists have put me off calling myself a feminist, out of fear of being associated with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure anyone really knows what feminism is, or that it is actually anything.

My view as a finance/economics guy is that feminism was a form of propaganda; propaganda designed to push women out of the home, create double-income families, spend that extra money on child care, eating out, and medical care for diseases acquired from eating out, and thereby increase GDP...as well as to abandon their families via divorce, sue the man, take all his money, enslave him to child support, force to him keep working forever, and thereby increase GDP.

It also served to disempower men, who historically are the protectors of the village -- therefore nobody is left to stand up to tyranny, thereby corporate/government powers run wild unchallenged.

As you can see I have a very dark view of how American society works.

Oops..I was trying to say I agree with these two posters....

And to the OP..you are bat shit crazy but amazingly I like your definition of feminism...
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    But seriously has no-one read Virginia Woolf's "Three Guineas"?
    Nah. Can you tell me why you ask?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

kenn is offline Senior Member
    This was an interesting video

Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456