Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Feminism page 5

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Now I get it!
    I'm almost getting it. Post moar
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I'm almost getting it. Post moar
    Oh, did cori say something?

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    It's the Age of Aquarius. Freedom or indentured slavery for all. Your choice.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    It's the Age of Aquarius. Freedom or indentured slavery for all. Your choice.
    and here I thought that 'Then peace will guide the planets And love will steer the stars'
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    What a curious definition of feminism.
    Yeah, I'm not sure anyone really knows what feminism is, or that it is actually anything.

My view as a finance/economics guy is that feminism was a form of propaganda; propaganda designed to push women out of the home, create double-income families, spend that extra money on child care, eating out, and medical care for diseases acquired from eating out, and thereby increase GDP...as well as to abandon their families via divorce, sue the man, take all his money, enslave him to child support, force to him keep working forever, and thereby increase GDP.

It also served to disempower men, who historically are the protectors of the village -- therefore nobody is left to stand up to tyranny, thereby corporate/government powers run wild unchallenged.

As you can see I have a very dark view of how American society works.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Hmm.

I agree with all of that, but obviously because Feminism is a word for a concept that is nothing except subjective ideas in individual minds, really I should have clarified.

(that's because all human goodness is predicted in pentagon contingency plan war-gaming and co-opted and misdirected)

So I meant really, the good people, normal dupes' version of it, knowing that historically that a lot of their grandmothers were legally barred from normal social and economic activity.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    We got Roe vs Wade in 1973. We took off our bras in the 70s also. It's 2013 and equal pay for equal work hasn't passed 38 states. Feminism is a joke unless you take the personal responsibility to not bump uglies with f***ed up people on the opposite side of the freedom view.

The fact that this is even a discussion 40 years after Roe v Wade is laughable to anyone who has lived it.

Oh, and to the OP, women don't dis you because you are or aren't a feminist, they dis you because you're crazy as a s*** house rat.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    This dropped into my facebook feed this morning:

Topless Women in Public Not Breaking the Law, Says NYPD

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure anyone really knows what feminism is, or that it is actually anything.

My view as a finance/economics guy is that feminism was a form of propaganda; propaganda designed to push women out of the home, create double-income families, spend that extra money on child care, eating out, and medical care for diseases acquired from eating out, and thereby increase GDP...as well as to abandon their families via divorce, sue the man, take all his money, enslave him to child support, force to him keep working forever, and thereby increase GDP.

It also served to disempower men, who historically are the protectors of the village -- therefore nobody is left to stand up to tyranny, thereby corporate/government powers run wild unchallenged.

As you can see I have a very dark view of how American society works.
    You forgot that the dual income household can get a much bigger mortgage, so bidding up the price of housing and causing a bubble that massively enriches the banks and the politicians...

But seriously has no-one read Virginia Woolf's "Three Guineas"?

Paleobird Guest
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    This dropped into my facebook feed this morning:

Topless Women in Public Not Breaking the Law, Says NYPD
    Funny. The ratio of people in the video looks like about one shirtless woman for every 100 leering guys with cameras.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast