and I'll tell you what is stopping me. You all seem very dedicated and disciplined in your lifestyle. I am new to this forum and site so I hope I won't be judged too harshly.

So I run competitively about once a month. I mostly eat a low carb diet but I do load up on pasta the night before my race. I always enjoy the tremendous boost of energy the next morning. I do not want to give this practice up.

Another challenge is that on Friday nights, my husband and I usually go out to dinner and also have drinks. We don't do this every Friday but most, I would say, and its a great time to focus on each other and escape the week's drama. (we have 4 kids close in age) We really have a good time together and I do not want to give up the margaritas/mixed drinks part of it. Its just a favorite thing to do as we have a fun night together!

So I've always thought because of these two habits, Primal diet is not for me. Is this true or would it work for me to do Primal all other times and just have these cheat times?

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge and opinion on this!