Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please!!!! Help!!! page

dam2034 is offline Junior Member

Please!!!! Help!!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am 20 years old and I recently read The Primal Blueprint! I am really lost and confused on how to get started for some reason... If anyone would be so kind to help me out with like a weekly regimen to follow and some nutrition advice I would really appreciate it? I just didn't get much direction as far as starting and stuff from the book. I know that was his intentions, but I need just a bit more direction haha! THANKS FELLOW GROKERS!!!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Well if it's any help, I didn't jump right in with both feet. It was a gradual evolution, one step at a time.

First I cut out the sugar. Once I got used to that I cut out the flour, rice, potatoes, etc. Sure, I still ate "whole grains" and eventually reduced those to "treats" like my pay day pizzas- lol. This was all pre-Primal but at least I was already headed in the right direction. Upon finding MDA, I dropped the rest of the grains, corn, and a lot of dairy. I still do butter, cheese and heavy cream once in a while.

Think baby steps.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member

bro0kiebaby is offline Member
    Here's the links page for almost any question that you have starting out. Just start reading the links to the various blog posts and along with what you read in the book it should all make sense.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow's a Mystery ~ Today is a Gift...
    That is why they call it THE PRESENT

bro0kiebaby is offline Member
    oh wow- I sat on this cause I'm at work.. had to run before I hit send... great minds think alike huh?
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow's a Mystery ~ Today is a Gift...
    That is why they call it THE PRESENT

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, dam2034!

Diana's right; the biggest initial gains come from dropping sugar and grains. Then, see how low you can get your carbs on a diet of mainly fatty meat and dark green vegetables. Give the 10 Primal Blueprint Laws a thorough reading and think about how you can improve your compliance with each one. Go for lots of walks and maybe pick up a sledgehammer. After a few weeks of all that, you'll be on your way and nothing will be able to stop you.

Congrats on finding the blueprint at age 20, a wonderful age to discover your body's potential. I think you're going to be very happy with the results!

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator
    I hope these help!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-ba...ou-get-primal/

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/prima...ix-easy-steps/

Also, stay tuned for the Primal Leap Kit due out later this year. It will tell you exactly what to do for 30 days to help you "go Primal":

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/prima...0-action-plan/

dam2034 is offline Junior Member
    Thank a lot everyone!!! I think I can come up with something haha

Brad is offline Member
    To start off add things don't drop things. When I started my first step was a big ass salad for lunch every day. That = no more wraps or sandwiches, and then move on to breafast etc.. Believe it or not I've had a salad for lunch at least 5 days per week for over a year and a half. When you start adding good clean whole foods the bad stuff gets dropped easy.

And a lesson from my 6year old, before you consume anything ask what its going to do for you.... This is a 6year old who has never tasted a soda of any kind, turns down cake at parties, and needs to play outside every day (even in the winter) to get his vitamin D.

omajoe is offline Member
    My primal journey has been much like Diana's and others. I started out giving up sweets (cookies, pie, cake, etc), which was probably one of the hardest things for me. After that, though, as I learned more about PB, I just added and subtracted as I went along. I was still eating breakfast cereal or oatmeal, but then I switched to eggs or protein drinks in the morning. I started working out in the morning, too. After that I was eating a lot of meat, veggies, and fruit. Slowly, as I read and learned, I've cut down on fruit to lose the last few stubborn pounds. But in the beginning, just by cutting out sweets and some refined carbs, I lost weight pretty easily. Just take it slowly and try one thing at a time. You can learn and adjust as you go along.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast