Thread: Salad inspiration and ideas page

maba is offline Senior Member

Salad inspiration and ideas

When I eat salads, it's usually a BAS like what Mark showed in the video, but sometimes I get bored with it and want to eat something different like the "gourmet" salads available in good restaurants. I try to vary the dressing and the toppings but it's essentially lots of greens + protein + extra trimmings + dressing. Do you have any unusual salad recipes that you'd like to share - perhaps a roasted veggie salad or a root veggie salad?

Here's a post on salads from a raw/vegan website - it can be easily primalized by adding animal protein.

http://tinyurl.com/32eq3hf

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I cook 4 strips bacon. I remove said bacon and sautee garlic and onion until transparent, then add asparagus, carrot, jalapeno, bell pepper (usually red), cherry tomato, and broccoli in the bacon grease, cook until al dente. I add mustard greens or mature spinach and cook until that's wilted. Toss that in a bowl and put some more bacon grease or chicken grease in the pan. Fry 2- 3 eggs over easy (mine are usually over hard cause I accidentally beak the yolk flipping it) and toss that and the bacon into the bowl. Top with pine nuts or sunflower seeds and some black pepper. Voila, cast iron salad (I make mine in my cast iron 12".)

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    naiadknight, steam baste or oil baste your eggs instead of flipping them and you'll get that creamy yolk without snotty whites!

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Ahhhh.... Must try....