Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie page 9

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am going to throw in some gunpowder here...lol

I noticed with my wife, and her friends, and the female mates of any men I know, that women cling very tightly to a notion of "their decision" as a justification- no matter how repulsive the behavior is, how eloquently the victim of it might communicate the range of consequences of this behavior, a woman will always retreat to, "well that's how I feel" or, "well that's what I am doing" or some form of that. Never seen an exception.

Now, I do not believe this to be a property of womanhood, but rather a trained response that they have learned through their upbrining can excuse any behavior in any situation where they have a dominant role in the power dynamic.

Lots of comments of that nature from women here so far. "Well it's her choice." No shit!

We are not saying that she has no right to make this choice- we are saying that the choice is stupid, and that other people who applaud it are stupider.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    anyway the objections we are raising has less to do with her decision (who gives a fuck if she lives or dies?) but the obviously agenda-driven coverage that is clearly part of a greater PR campaign.
    Honestly I hadn't even heard about it till you made this thread. You have propagated the PR you despise! But, I also don't watch cable tv..... so I'm probably not the demographic that's greatly affected here.

Yeah me neither- it was all over facebook when I logged in. Lots of Unfriending yesterday lol
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Perfidy is right. Women think that because they are female they can cling to the most selfish, harmful ideas possible and wave them like flags of freedom. Against oppression that isn't even there. And they support and defend these ideas just for the sake of bonding together, like life is some kind of battlefield and these selfish ideas are weapons for justice. I see it. All. The. Time.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    The breast cancer marketing does get really overdone. I have a feeling the Komen Foundation is a cash cow for someone. They put that label on so much shit. You'd be doing more to eliminate cancer if you DIDN'T buy the chemical yogurt and cereal bars with a pink ribbon on them.

And yes, I don't think insurers should be expected to cover pre-emptive masectomys.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Amen, magnolia!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Every non-profit or charity that is hyped in the mainstream is just a tax-haven where the rich and the corporate boards can throw money without losing the influence that it buys.

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    As someone who may develop breast cancer (mom and maternal grandmother did), if I had the $$, I would too. I have had all my children (I'm 46) so now my boobs are just ornaments. I would still be a woman, wife and mother with or without boobs. The only persons that gets an opinion is my husband and me.

Plus, considering I lost 125 lbs, and could use a lift, that wouldn't be so bad either!

I actually do agree that breast cancer awareness has become a "scare" campaign. I do feel pushed to give a shit. Heart disease is a bigger killer.

I do feel like Breast Cancer Awareness has become a giant marketing tool for products to women that may or may not be healthy. I also think that Breast Cancer Awareness takes away resources from other diseases that impact women. Plus.... most Breast Cancer marketing promotes fucking CW ways and lifestyles.

I have an aunt who had breast cancer. She survived, dying of lung cancer, painfully about 10 years later. She drank a lot, seldom exercised and didn't eat very well. She also owned a printing press that reeked of toxins. Cutting off her boobs at age 30 probably would not have made her life any longer.

The funny thing is, you sure as hell don't question the "KOMEN FOUNDATION". My friend is a medical professional and refuses to support anything "For the Cure". She gots a lot of hairy eyeballs. I mean, as a female medical professional she should be PASSIONATE about Breast Cancer. No, she's passionate about nutrition and finds the Komen Foundation a scam.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast