Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Angelina Jolie page 14

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Definitely an embellishment and not an amputation. Different arena or something.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    If it makes you feel any better, Mr. Perfidy, Angelina Jolie's aunt just died of breast cancer today.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Shalimar is offline Member
    Angelina Jolie Undergoes a Double Mastectomy

Interesting that some procedures including mammography and needle insertion, may increase chance of breast cancer.

Ha, Perfidy, good point about humans being the only mammals with always-enlarged forward-facing teats, no matter if a woman is breast feeding or not.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    My take on it:
    -The woman had her breasts removed because she was scared of cancer.
    -She had them replaced with fakes because tits.
    -She publicized it because she's a fame-hungry celeb: they'd publicize anything right down to their morning dumps if they could.
    -The media ran with it because a more original story (like this one is), gets them a greater audience (more "sales").
    -It doesn't mean she wouldn't have done it otherwise (she just wouldn't have made a deal about it).
    -Only idiots would walk out and have their breasts hacked off "preventatively" due to what a celebrity does.
    -If people misinterpret why she had it done and proceed to amputate/mutilate their own breasts out of an unnecessary fear of cancer, then their kids will be poorly fed as infants, on top of any other harms brought on from whatever other fads the parents decide to follow.
    -These kids would suffer regardless of what this particular celebrity does or doesn't do, does or doesn't publicize. It's not the media: it's the parents.
    -In my eyes, if someone is dumb enough to have a knee-jerk reaction to everything a celebrity does, they and/or their children should be swiftly removed from the gene-pool. Anything that speeds this up is favourable.

If some mothers being unable to breastfeed due to knee-jerk breast-removal ("'cuz cancer, and Jolie and TV and stuffs"), means the children of these women (carrying their genetic material) are weaker (more prone to illness and thus, more likely to die and less likely to reproduce), then that's what we call "natural selection".
    Last edited by Kochin; 05-27-2013 at 09:25 AM.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, Mr. Perfidy, Angelina Jolie's aunt just died of breast cancer today.
    That well and truly sucks
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalimar View Post
    Angelina Jolie Undergoes a Double Mastectomy

Interesting that some procedures including mammography and needle insertion, may increase chance of breast cancer.

Ha, Perfidy, good point about humans being the only mammals with always-enlarged forward-facing teats, no matter if a woman is breast feeding or not.
    If I remember correctly- the enlargement of human female breasts is actually to fool the stupid males. Most animals go through estrus- are only fertile at certain times of the year. This is so that they have their babies at the time of the year that is most advantageous. Humans don't do that. By having permanently enlarged breasts, there is no blatant signal that she is breast feeding and therefore unavailable for mating.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314