Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie page 13

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Then why does she have resources? The 20th century demonstrated that resources are only to be awarded to the military-industrial complex's agents and profiteers. Everyone else gets shot.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    feh

eta not to perfidy, just erasing a pointless argument
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Angelina Jolie copied by men! Surgeons now cutting out healthy prostate glands of men who carry BRCA gene

Mostly hype, it's ol' Natural News in overdrive again, but a fun thought nonetheless.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 05-19-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe she really is helping women. Such cynicism
    Maybe.... but as someone who doesn't believe in what she did, I don't think she is. I'm not saying she is "bad" or anything but well intentioned. But I don't think starting a trend of women having major surgery based off of often unreliable genetic tests is the best use of our health care dollars. Regular screening? Absolutely. Free regular screening, absolutely.

I'd also be curious to see how willing insurers are to pay for the pre-emptive surgeries and reconstructions.

It's really OK to not agree with someone on a healthcare issue. I see both sides and can appreciate where she is coming from, I just disagree.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    what else are we supposed to call her?
    How about Goddess Angelina:
    Tracey Cleantis: Angelina Jolie: Goddess, Amazon, Woman

Ugh.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    if calling her by her name is taboo, i can only imAGINE what reaction calling her an amazon goddess would bring
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    She didn't make it public for ego strokes. She went public in order to advocate for genetic testing to be available for everyone.

All insurance programs cover mammograms.
    She did it for the corportocracy:
    Conspiracy Planet - Celebrity Conspiracy - Angelina Jolie Mastectomy: PR - PsyOps - Scam

Shotglass is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    Men get breast cancer too and the rates are rising. Male BRCA mutation carriers are higher risk for breast cancer as well, Men tend to die as they get diagnosed later. Men who have a sister with a BRCA2 mutation cancer can also opt for tissue removal as their risks are quite elevated..
    Hmmm....
    aren't most men diagnosed with breast cancer suffering from "I'm bigger than a whale and have man-boobs" syndrome?

DavidBrennan is offline Banned
    Karen De Coster, the awesome writer of topics centered around libertarianism and the paleo diet, wrote about this increasing, "Amputate supposedly at-risk body parts" fad a few months back: Karen De Coster Take My Breasts, Please

I definitely recommend her article.

The largest factor that most CW-believing Western lemmings fail to grasp is that cancer is largely a disease of civilization and, therefore, a behavioral disease. For example, if one's family has a history of skin cancer, don't go and get skin grafts. Instead, research behavioral and chemical causes of skin cancer and have change behavior (largely food consumption) accordingly. If one is prone to lung cancer, don't cut your lungs out and live in an iron lung, but instead change your behaviors.

I also agree with the OP's sentiment that the control that our good friends in the mainstream media have over modern Westerners - convincing them to chop off their body parts on vague promises of increasing their lifespan and making them like movie starlets - is breathtaking. The word "awesome" is really the most suitable word to describe the degree of mind control the media exerts. It reminds me of this great scene in the movie 'Conan', where a demigod proves that his power is far greater than that of the merely physically strong Conan:

(For those who don't get the metaphor: James Earl Jones is the mainstream media and the dead woman are the people who believe it.)

I recently heard two thirtysomething women breathlessly celebrating Angelina Jolie's "courage". Their wording exposes that, deep down, this is a scam. Because it would not take courage to have a simple life-saving surgery. It would be automatic.

Green Deane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    I am amused by much of this narrative, but the emergent trend that I am noticing on facebook is that the same women who criticize religion for its views of women and sexuality are cheering the mutilation of implicitly cancerous femininity.
    Do you have the same thoughts about women who get tattoos?

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast