Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie page 12

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Isn't it cute how everybody talks about her as "Angelina" as if they had the right to claim BFF status with her?

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    No. She spends time and resources selling that to anyone who is willing to look at her.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Stephen, thanks for the response, I was having a moment of forgetfulness when I posted I guess. Maybe it's telling that my subconscious would spew that even though I've read these stats many times

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Isn't it cute how everybody talks about her as "Angelina" as if they had the right to claim BFF status with her?
    what else are we supposed to call her?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    what else are we supposed to call her?
    How about Ms. Jolie?

What bugs me is everybody picking apart what are very personal decisions for her as if they had the right to meddle. It just seems disrespectful.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    it'd be voight, or whatever her mom's maiden name was

no one here is meddling. at least i hope no one here is sending her letters praising or denouncing her decision. everyone is putting forth their personal opinions using her as the avatar, and agreeing or disagreeing with each other
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    What bugs me is everybody picking apart what are very personal decisions for her as if they had the right to meddle. It just seems disrespectful.
    It's the price you pay for being a celebrity and getting all of those advantages for no significantly useful talent. I feel exactly no sympathy for Angelina. She could choose to live a life of discretion. She chooses not to for whatever reason.

I feel more sympathy for the poor men and women with actual jobs that could not afford cancer treatment if they needed it. Or women who can't afford mammograms. I don't really feel bad for someone who lives her personal life on camera being scrutinized for a medical decision she made public.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Paleobird Guest
    She didn't make it public for ego strokes. She went public in order to advocate for genetic testing to be available for everyone.

All insurance programs cover mammograms.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Not everyone has insurance to cover a mastectomy. I still know many uninsured.

At any rate, I don't care what she did and why she did, but if you don't want to be judged and/or talked about don't have a press conference. And I imagine she has a massive ego....not that it's a negative thing, but humble people rarely parade their lives quite like the Hollywood A list does. I'm sure she loves the attention and the idea that she is helping women.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Paleobird Guest
    Maybe she really is helping women. Such cynicism.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast