Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie page 11

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    here's one from you:

(dunno if this poster is male or female)

you again

haha ok I got bored on page 4, but it seems like you are the worst offender, so, my question is actually for you. On Monday, did you think this about breasts?
    i don't think breasts are worthless, i like looking at them and i'm rather attached to mine. however, you were being a twerp about mastectomies being useless mutilation and carrying on about droves of women getting breasts removed for funsies since angelina is the first woman ever to do it

so i felt like being annoying

Let's say I started a thread, "Breasts are over-rated!" and then said in my first post that sexualizing them is stupid, that they are just to feed babies, and that people who are into them are silly.

What kind of reactions would I get today? Last weekend?
    you would get a lot of 'lol' and 'tits or gtfo' and 'what kind of man doesn't like boobs?' and 'this thread is useless without pics'

(also BloodOrchid, I think that I am a feminist)
    impossible, only females can be feminazis
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop12oz View Post
    I am a female, and just watched my aunt die of breast cancer, so it is a topic I am not far removed from. Still, no way do I think going to the extreme of removing your boobs is the way to approach cancer prevention. All the women on here think the USDA is full of crap (or you would not be eating primal) but yet believe the medical establishment to lead us in the right direction on this topic? The same people who are telling you to eat your seven servings of healthy whole grains day are also telling the American people this is a logical preventative measure. I cannot imagine this is a better alternative to eating the right foods and taking care of yourself. But there is NO money in telling the public to eat lots of green veggies....
    +1000

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I actually do agree that breast cancer awareness has become a "scare" campaign. I do feel pushed to give a shit. Heart disease is a bigger killer.

I do feel like Breast Cancer Awareness has become a giant marketing tool for products to women that may or may not be healthy. I also think that Breast Cancer Awareness takes away resources from other diseases that impact women. Plus.... most Breast Cancer marketing promotes fucking CW ways and lifestyles.

I have an aunt who had breast cancer. She survived, dying of lung cancer, painfully about 10 years later. She drank a lot, seldom exercised and didn't eat very well. She also owned a printing press that reeked of toxins. Cutting off her boobs at age 30 probably would not have made her life any longer.

The funny thing is, you sure as hell don't question the "KOMEN FOUNDATION". My friend is a medical professional and refuses to support anything "For the Cure". She gots a lot of hairy eyeballs. I mean, as a female medical professional she should be PASSIONATE about Breast Cancer. No, she's passionate about nutrition and finds the Komen Foundation a scam.
    I also will not support anything that has to do with the Komen foundation. With all of the money that they raise, they do nothing to promote prevention by way of diet, Vitamin D supplementation, minimizing sugar consumption, etc. Why would they? There's no money to be made by anyone there. Instead, they push early and repeated screenings by way of mammograms, which are getting increasingly more dangerous. From this article by Dr. Mercola (New 3D Mammography Increases Radiation Exposure):
    "Breast cancer is big business, and mammography is one of its primary profit centers. This is why the industry is fighting tooth and nail to keep it, by downplaying or outright ignoring its significant risks."

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I think that it was around for a few years before I realized that Komen wasn't a typo. The first time I saw the word on a billboard I thought, "Haha what a bunch of dumbasses! How do you fuckin misspell WOMEN on a breast cancer billboard?!"

We have a municipal cult of getting Ovarian Cancer now. No globalist celebrities, so it's only locally that we have psychotic female adherents and neutered male appendage supporters. The township signs every September declare this woman that died from it a hero LOL
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Heart disease is a bigger killer. Let's all go get our hearts replaced, just in case!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i've seen cancer deaths up close and personal. to call it agonizing for the person dying is an understatement, to call it agonizing for the family sitting vigil is also an understatement

it is an ugly, horribly painful death

be blase all you want, if it can be avoided there's nothing wrong with avoiding it
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    If the issue is with the gene mutation then that is the root factor. The problem does not lay with any body part.

Support the body, do not take away from it, do not add harm towards it. This will give the best odds on whether or not the mutated gene wakes up or stays dormant.

I am not sure how the doctors were able to determine the risks/odds, I for one, would not trust any counsel they may or may not have had from the company who patented this mutated gene and their owned genetic test.

Bottomline, if the human condition is not supported, no amount of exterior intervention, i.e. surgery, will change the course of genetic expression.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenHLi View Post
    If the issue is with the gene mutation then that is the root factor. The problem does not lay with any body part.

Support the body, do not take away from it, do not add harm towards it. This will give the best odds on whether or not the mutated gene wakes up or stays dormant.

I am not sure how the doctors were able to determine the risks/odds, I for one, would not trust any counsel they may or may not have had from the company who patented this mutated gene and their owned genetic test.

Bottomline, if the human condition is not supported, no amount of exterior intervention, i.e. surgery, will change the course of genetic expression.
    I was under the impression that someone who gets a preventative masectomy can no longer get breast cancer. Is it not that simple?

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    I was under the impression that someone who gets a preventative masectomy can no longer get breast cancer. Is it not that simple?
    Sjmc,

The BRCA gene mutation involves higher risk for cancer related to tissues of the breasts and ovaries and other tissues as well.

If there is LESS breast tissue, there is less risk or chance for cancer to develop because there is less cell turnover. Less cell turnover means less cell damage/repair. (With the gene mutation of BRCA, their is a "broken" repair process, so instead of normal cells repairing, there may be "abnormal" [tumor, cysts/calcifications] cells growing instead).

Now, is there a surgical intervention that can remove 100% perfect all breast tissue? Do women who anticipate future breast enlargement surgery still require maybe....1% or 5% of normal breast tissue to support the enhancement?

From the article, Angelina was told some statistics, either by her MD's or by the scientists from the company who has monopoly over the gene testing on BRCA. The article mentioned that after Angelina's breasts removal she now has a 5% risk for breast cancer...down from 87% risk.

Where did these numbers arise from? I do not know. I do know, that numbers, statistics can all be manipulated or translated into whatever is needed at that time to support whatever argument at hand.

Now, I feel, the closest thing to reduce that risk to 0% is to remove the mutated gene. But no one is able to do that.....yet (or they ain't telling us).

Even with that mutated gene removal......there may still be a 0.0000001% risk for cancer.

So what happens after removal of the defected gene? Do we replace it with another non-mutated gene? Can Stem Cells play a role here? What happens to the rest of that human? Is he or she still human? Does this person lose their intellectual capacity?

There are some scientists who believe there are benefits that go along with this mutated BRCA gene, like higher intellect.

No one knows, I don't know what would happen if the gene was removed/replaced.

What I do know is if mastectomy happens, there are no more "your breasts". Those are gone. But the gene is still there. The mutation is still there. The higher risk for ovarian cancer is still there.

The ovaries can be the next stuff to remove. But the gene is still there. The mutation is still there. The risk for cancer affecting "other" tissues is still there.

So even after all the procedures, after all the doctor's visits....if a person does not end up supporting normal cell flourishment, cancer is always still a risk.

And in no way am I saying that Angelina was doing a horrible job at supporting her normal cell growth. I do not know her, what her life entails, but what I do know is that she did not have breast cancer. So whatever support she was undertaking, it was doing a good enough job already.

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    she didn't want to die like her mom

it's her body she'll do what she wants with it

a woman is more than her body parts

medical advancements aren't all bad

you see where i'm going with this
    This.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast