Thread: Unflavored gelatin page

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member

Unflavored gelatin

Could anyone recommend where to buy unflavored gelatin in a 5 lb. bag. Amazon or NOW, the brand I purchased, raised the online price from around $35 to $65. The 5 lbs will last me about 3 months but now it's just too expensive.

DonJulio is offline Junior Member
    I don't know, but consider bone broth. I make it every week

Add a little salt, a dash of vinegar and some oregano....mmmmmm

I made bone broth for quite awhile, but I've been living with my daughter and son-in-law while recovering from a broken leg and since they are non-primal anyway, the smell isn't too welcome, that's why I switched to gelatin. I've lost 127 lbs eating low carb/Primal and I could probably cover an armchair with my flabby, excess skin. I hoped the collagen would help . . . and it has to some degree. When I move back into my own place I can start with bone broth again.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    I bought mine from luckyvitamin.com. The 5lb bag is 43.99. Any order of $49 gets free shipping. If you want to PM me your email I can refer you for a $10 coupon.

kathyd is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    I made bone broth for quite awhile, but I've been living with my daughter and son-in-law while recovering from a broken leg and since they are non-primal anyway, the smell isn't too welcome, that's why I switched to gelatin. I've lost 127 lbs eating low carb/Primal and I could probably cover an armchair with my flabby, excess skin. I hoped the collagen would help . . . and it has to some degree. When I move back into my own place I can start with bone broth again.
    Holy Cow! Awesome weight loss!

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    I bought Great Lakes kosher gelatin through Amazon. It comes in 1lb canisters. I got a two pack for around $24, but that was well over a year ago. I chose it because it is made from cow rather than pig, and cows that were grass-fed.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by newberrycrater View Post
    I bought Great Lakes kosher gelatin through Amazon. It comes in 1lb canisters. I got a two pack for around $24, but that was well over a year ago. I chose it because it is made from cow rather than pig, and cows that were grass-fed.
    That's still pretty expensive. The 5 lbs I bought from Amazon was around $35 and free shipping. Thanks.