Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Supple Leopard? page

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member

Supple Leopard?

Primal Fuel
    Has anybody read Kelly Starrett's book "Becoming a Supple Leopard"? It is a bit pricey (although a fraction of the cost of a physical therapy session). His MobilIty Wod site has lots of great content, but hard to put the pieces together, hard to search.

So wondering: have you read the book? Does it add substantial value above and beyond his site?

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    I've been looking at it...looks really interesting...but it's 49.50 - way too expensive for me.

dml
    dml is offline Senior Member
    I'm not finished with it, but I think that it is worth the money. The material is categorized into chapters very well, and there is a lot of background information before you get to the specific work. I know it's expensive, but Amazon had it for $34 or so instead of the list price of $60.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Enter the pain cave a man, come out a supple leopard
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I got mine on Amazon for $35 or so and it was totally worth the money. It's all the best parts of mobilitywod.com, but organized and simplified. Very much helping me with knee issues that come and go. Sometimes it is tightness in my calves moving up, and sometimes it is a bad form squat that does it. I know this now and can not do it anymore.

It has also really helped with my thoracic mobility (upper back). I finally feel like I'm making progress with my posture beyond what pullups could do for me. With that upper back stuff working itself out, not only is my posture better, but my pushup numbers are increasing, when they had been rather stagnant for quite some time. Some of that helpful info came from the section on pushups.

miata is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like an interesting book, and I just listened to Kelly on a Bulletproof Podcast -- but a little expensive and no Kindle version either. I wanted to at least preview the book on Amazon, but there is no preview.

My shoulders have been aching lately and I would really like to get a fix. Does this book get into recovering rotator cuff injuries?

Maybe I'll peruse the web site to see what I can find.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    Hey, that's my line, you bastard!

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    I have never made it through one of Starrett's videos. Too disorganized and to gym rat for me. Can't really afford the book right now. Maybe when used ones become available someday.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    Actually he says to NOT enter the pain cave

The book is well worth the cost, and both Amazon and Barnes & Noble has it online for $35. It is THE best hard-bound book I've seen in some time as far as the quality of the binding is concerned - it will take a lot of use and abuse. The vocabulary is appropriate for non-professionals and there is a lot of good information.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Check your library to see if they have it. Our system has one copy. It at least gives you a chance to look at it before deciding to plunk down the $ to buy it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast