Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Supple Leopard? page 2

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Hey, that's my line, you bastard!
    "enter the pain cave a man, come out a supple leopard" ™RichMahogany BETTER?

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    "enter the pain cave a man, come out a supple leopard" ôRichMahogany BETTER?
    No. Now I have to think of a new excuse to call you a bastard.

No. Now I have to think of a new excuse to call you a bastard.
    well that shouldn't be too hard

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    well that shouldn't be too hard
    That's what she said?

That's what she said?
    hahaha

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    I got mine on Amazon for $35 or so and it was totally worth the money. It's all the best parts of mobilitywod.com, but organized and simplified. Very much helping me with knee issues that come and go. Sometimes it is tightness in my calves moving up, and sometimes it is a bad form squat that does it. I know this now and can not do it anymore.

It has also really helped with my thoracic mobility (upper back). I finally feel like I'm making progress with my posture beyond what pullups could do for me. With that upper back stuff working itself out, not only is my posture better, but my pushup numbers are increasing, when they had been rather stagnant for quite some time. Some of that helpful info came from the section on pushups.
    Thanks, Jfreaksho, very helpful input. I like the idea of better organized than Mobility WOD, which is sort of "dive in anywhere...or start at the beginning" and while video is very helpful, it is also very time consuming to browse. My local Barnes and Nobles has it in, but at full price. I think i will go take a look at it.

dml
    dml is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    Sounds like an interesting book, and I just listened to Kelly on a Bulletproof Podcast -- but a little expensive and no Kindle version either. I wanted to at least preview the book on Amazon, but there is no preview.

My shoulders have been aching lately and I would really like to get a fix. Does this book get into recovering rotator cuff injuries?

Maybe I'll peruse the web site to see what I can find.
    Yes, there is stuff about shoulders and rotator cuff issues. I've been fighting a rotator cuff issue for almost 8 months now and I'm hoping this book will get me further than I've made it with a chiropractor and a non-surgical orthopedist to date. But, before you even get to the shoulder sections, I really like how he organizes things. He starts with the core and builds from there. Just thinking about that right now reminded me to consider my spinal posture as I'm sitting in my chair. It's really organized as building blocks, because most peripheral injuries (unless traumatic in nature) don't come from just in one joint. They are often related to problems elsewhere and all of them need to be addressed rather than trying to cure a single isolated issue.

mbstonegate is offline Junior Member
    There's a 50 page sample of the book here:
    http://www.allthingsgym.com/50-page-...upple-leopard/

Sent from my A200 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

miata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstonegate View Post
    There's a 50 page sample of the book here:
    50 Page Sample of Kelly Starrett's Book - Becoming a Supple Leopard - All Things Gym

Sent from my A200 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Thanks. This is very useful and impressive as well. This may very well be worth the $34 on Amazon if the sample is representative of the rest of the book. The dead lift and pushup descriptions are probably the best I've seen anywhere.

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    Thanks. This is very useful and impressive as well. This may very well be worth the $34 on Amazon if the sample is representative of the rest of the book. The dead lift and pushup descriptions are probably the best I've seen anywhere.
    Yes, it is representative - I consider it worth the full price, but Barnes and Nobel also has it for the same price Amazon does (for members, perhaps for everyone, unsure).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast