Thread: Any potential problems or "loss" of nutrients in this situation? page

jackaaron is offline Member

Any potential problems or "loss" of nutrients in this situation?

Primal Fuel
    Although I'm older than 30, I unfortunately have a problem that you see oftentimes with children.

There are many fruits, and vegetables that when I bite them, they make me gag.

I love the residue of an onion, or pepper...I just can't bite them. For example, I'll often ask for food with everything in it because of the taste it provides, but I pick the peppers, onions, various other veggies out.

So, I started blending food. I got a nutribullet, and blended Strawberries, Blueberries, Kale, and a few other things that I couldn't stand the texture of, and I can drink them fine.

My question to you is, as it relates to Primal nutrition, etc., do I lose anything by blending my veggies into something drinkable as opposed to just eating them strait like many of you do? Can you see any problems with this?

Thanks!

Timthetaco Guest
    You don't lose a thing. In fact, by breaking down the fiber with the juicer, you get more nutrients. Enjoy. But I would toss in a bit of fat to help absorb the vitamin A and K.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    There's also no reason not to turn cooked vegetables into purees.

peril is offline Senior Member
    The problem with juicing isn't loss of nutrients but portion control. Easy to overdo the calories before satiety sets in. Manage the portions and you'll be OK

OTOH, your problem isn't physical and can be overcome with a bit of help. Better not to be a prisoner of the juicer. Liberate yourself
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

DonJulio is offline Junior Member
    Nutribullet is not a juicer

jackaaron is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJulio View Post
    Nutribullet is not a juicer
    Correct. It's like a pulverizer, but doesn't squeeze out juice only.

Also, on the liberation...if I gag, that scares me....I have a pronounced phobia of vomiting. Have only done it six times in my non-baby memory and remember every time unfortunately.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jackaaron View Post
    Correct. It's like a pulverizer, but doesn't squeeze out juice only.

Also, on the liberation...if I gag, that scares me....I have a pronounced phobia of vomiting. Have only done it six times in my non-baby memory and remember every time unfortunately.
    You might find a hypnotherapist to help you with that.