Thread: Need help on my primal journey page

Zarkh is offline Junior Member

Need help on my primal journey

Shop Now
    Hello again from Lübeck, Germany.
    I am fairly new to the primal lifestyle, but really like it.
    Please help me judging my primal diet as I am unsure, if the macronutrient
    composition is okay regarding my goals and body data.

I'd appreciate some help to avoid making mistakes on my primal journey.

I am 45year-old male, Height: 180cm Weight: 84 kg, app. 25% body fat
    I work in my own law firm, so I do not move all that much during work hours.
    Played soccer on a semi-pro basis (4th German division) until the age of 34.
    When I stopped the weight gain began from app.80 kg to eventually almost 94.

I reduced my weight from 94 to 86 kg over the last 6 months including a 2-week fast.
    Before I discovered PB I was already exercising a lot using the Yayog app from Mark Lauren.
    I did the intermediate 10-week program twice in a row in the last three months. I was trying to eat healthy too,
    but only used CW to do so (tons of wholegrain bread... ah the stupidity... )
    Got frustrated, because I started to gain weight again for no obvious reason and did not see a reduction of body fat.
    Discovered PB, read it and started to go 100 % primal 2 weeks ago.

My goal is to reduce my bodyfat to 10-15 percent while maintaining muscles, good health and body composition.
    I try to achieve this goal by reducing my carb intake to 50-100 gr/day and
    get the rest of my calories from protein and fat while also trying to stay at max 80/90 percent of my daily calory allowance,
    which is around 2500 calories per day over the week including 4-5 exercise sessions.

To be able to track stupid mistakes I started to note and measure my food-intake a few days ago.
    I am not planning to count calories forever, but I wanted to be able to check for possible mistakes.

So here is a summary of the macronutrient and calory intake for these days.
    I d appreciate some feedback if you notice mistakes in the composition of the macronutrients
    with regard to my goal of bodyfat reduction and muscle maintenance (ideally even growth):

11.05. 2269 cal, 139gr. Fat, 87 C, 143 P
    12.05. 2059 cal, 78gr. Fat, 96 C, 161 P
    13.05. 2143 cal, 160gr. Fat, 72 C, 82 P
    14.05. 2245 cal, 149gr. Fat, 69 C, 161 P

My weekly sports program looks usually like this:
    Lift heavy things program by Mark Sisson (lvls 4-6) twice
    Sprinting once
    Move slowly (9- holes of golf, carrying my own golf bag, no cart) 2-3 times.

I am getting good sleep in a room with no other distraction than my wife
    and drink when I get thirsty, occasionally a few glasses of wine.

Any suggestions ?
    Am I on the right track ?
    "Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set fire to a man, and he's warm for the rest of his life."
    Terry Pratchett

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    What you're doing sounds fine to me, and no, you don't have to track calories forever. Over time you will get a feel of how much to eat, and your weight should stay stable as long as you're within a reasonable range.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."