Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southern California Cowpool (Inspired by NorCal thread) page

Mike Alzen is offline Senior Member

Southern California Cowpool (Inspired by NorCal thread)

Primal Fuel
    I'm debating ordering a quarter cow online, but would much rather find a local source, and people who would be interested in going in together. I'm completely new to this aside from reading about it here.

Even if you're not interested in participating, if you have advice or good experiences on different farms in the Southern California area that offer this, that would be great. Thanks!

-Mike

janky is offline Junior Member
    I'm in Mission Viejo , I would be intrested.

Cool

I was hoping for some suggestions on where to go and what not, but if nothing else we could split a half cow from online? I was looking at texasgrassfedbeef.com based on recommendations I saw here. It comes to 5.95/lb delivered for a half cow.

I'm in Riverside, so we're pretty close.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Mike, you're right in my neck of the woods. I can't afford to do this yet, but next time you go in on a cow, I should be in a better position to buy a quarter. Let me know.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

etomaria is offline Member
    Have you checked eatwild.com's California page? There were atleast a few on there that I saw and dismissed while looking for something more North... Also, weirdly enough, craigslist sometimes'll have good stuff... (not the random people selling stuff outta their freezer, but those that are just using it as a place to attract customers)

wayofnature is offline Junior Member
    I live in San diego and would be interested! just have to make sure it is from a good source and grass finished beef!

MichaelA is offline Senior Member
    How much are we talking about? I mean, how much meat and how much storage place I need? And $?

BeachGrok is offline Member
    http://californialowlines.com/

I have been eyeing this site for a bit. You have to drive to their pick-up site in Santa Barbara however. Still, it might be worth the drive once in a while.

I would be interested in cowpooling and carpooling on this one

I looked around a bit for local farms, but I haven't found anything that compares to the 5.95/lb at Slanker's. I don't think I can convince the wife to go for more per pound than that unfortunately.

etomaria, I'll take a look at craigslist, thanks for the idea

Etomaria, craigslist looks like a win! There are 2 that look promising and come in less than the online option. I'm e-mailing to double check that they are grass finished as well as fed. One ranch is in Yucaipa, and the other in Temecula.

The price seems too good to be true honestly. $1,250 for a full cow = 650 lbs of meat table ready. Comes to under $2/lb. Could that be possible? That would be amazing.

If anyone is still interested please e-mail me so we can communicate a little better.

alzenm@gmail.com
    Last edited by Mike Alzen; 05-14-2010 at 09:53 AM. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast