Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Where do we get all the carbs we need? page 3

  1. #21
    dkJames's Avatar
    dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    477
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Who is we? I do. Most people on this forum do, actually.
    Actually, is there a poll about it ? I do eat rice, (sweet) potatoes and bananas. I don't go crazy with these foods but I do eat them. Nothing wrong about them, except too ripe bananas contain too much fructose maybe ? if you eat e.g. 30 ban. a day like some crazy raw vegan dude ...

  2. #22
    KimchiNinja's Avatar
    KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    1,980
    The original poster is asking about the basic paleo/primal plan laid out on this website; no rice, potatoes questionable, fruit questionable if you are trying to lose fat.

    Under that scenario you naturally don't get many carbs, darn hard to go over 100g in my experience.

  3. #23
    KimchiNinja's Avatar
    KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    1,980
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    do you eat bananas? other fruit? plantains? peppers? tomatoes? various squash? if you arbitrarily choose not to eat perfectly healthy foods, then you need to figure out how to substitute for the lack of that macro. again, this isn't rocket science
    Meh, personally I don't eat much of any of that on a regular basis, peppers and tomatoes here and there.

    LOL why would it be "arbitrary" as opposed to serving a specific purpose? Why would a person need to substitute for a macro that isn't required? What would happen if a person didn't eat that macro? They would get lean and buffed out.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    4,522
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Meh, personally I don't eat much of any of that on a regular basis, peppers and tomatoes here and there.

    LOL why would it be "arbitrary" as opposed to serving a specific purpose? Why would a person need to substitute for a macro that isn't required? What would happen if a person didn't eat that macro? They would get lean and buffed out.
    aaahh.... you're one of "those" paleos. time to catch up on your reading. I suppose if you are a couch potato and had 50lbs to lose, then low carb would be ok. or if you were treating a specific medical condition with a low carb diet, then more power to ya. but as a healthy person, moderately to highly active, you're doing yourself a dis-service. if you were healthy to begin with, and happen to have gotten all "lean and buffed out" by eating low carb, its because you lowered your calories. stop trying to convince yourself or anyone else otherwise.

  5. #25
    dacec's Avatar
    dacec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    The original poster is asking about the basic paleo/primal plan laid out on this website; no rice, potatoes questionable, fruit questionable if you are trying to lose fat.

    Under that scenario you naturally don't get many carbs, darn hard to go over 100g in my experience.
    The OP never mentioned trying to lose fat. That was your assumption.

  6. #26
    WeldingHank's Avatar
    WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lawrence,Ma
    Posts
    735
    Blackest sweet plantains you can find, throw em in the oven for 15mins @ 450*. Your welcome.

    Sent from my ADR6350 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

  7. #27
    Sandra in BC's Avatar
    Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by kaffyduck View Post
    Hi All

    I'm very new at this but if you need to maintain 50 to 100 grams a day (Primal Sweet Spot for Effortless Weight Loss), where should they come from. It seems with the meat and veggies I eat everyday, as well as a small amount of fruit, my carbs are not even adding to 50. What am I not eating or eating enough of?
    dairy, nuts, rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, fruit.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

    There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

    DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

  8. #28
    j3nn's Avatar
    j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,655
    Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    Actually, is there a poll about it ? I do eat rice, (sweet) potatoes and bananas. I don't go crazy with these foods but I do eat them. Nothing wrong about them, except too ripe bananas contain too much fructose maybe ? if you eat e.g. 30 ban. a day like some crazy raw vegan dude ...
    No poll needed. Just look around.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

    “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

  9. #29
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,715
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldingHank View Post
    Blackest sweet plantains you can find, throw em in the oven for 15mins @ 450*. Your welcome.

    Sent from my ADR6350 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Even though I'm HFLC... ^^THIS^^ is one of my favorite indulgences!!!
    It's like dessert, like candy, like sooo freaking delicious.
    Like everything a banana ever wanted to be and FAILED miserably at.


    As a side note.
    You can get frozen black sweet plantains in the grocery store in some places.
    They are not too hard to find here in FL anyway...
    You have to look at the package, some have added oil. I don't buy those.
    They are great for when all you can find is green plantains and don't want to wait a week for your eats.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  10. #30
    WeldingHank's Avatar
    WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lawrence,Ma
    Posts
    735
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Even though I'm HFLC... ^^THIS^^ is one of my favorite indulgences!!!
    It's like dessert, like candy, like sooo freaking delicious.
    Like everything a banana ever wanted to be and FAILED miserably at.


    As a side note.
    You can get frozen black sweet plantains in the grocery store in some places.
    They are not too hard to find here in FL anyway...
    You have to look at the package, some have added oil. I don't buy those.
    They are great for when all you can find is green plantains and don't want to wait a week for your eats.
    I can't go more than 2 blocks without tripping over a Spanish food store, very easy to come by. I usually get 5 for $1.

    Sent from my ADR6350 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •