Thread: Losing the Weight to be a Bride! page

seejaneslim is offline Junior Member

Red face Losing the Weight to be a Bride!

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone!

Some folks may give me a hard time for this, but it's my story, so here it goes.

My bf and I have lived together for several years, and of course all of our friends&family constantly ask when we are going to get married. There is no doubt that we are committed to each other, but we sat down and decided to change our individual lives (together) by losing weight/improving health prior to getting married. We both struggle with self-esteem issues because we are overweight, and I can't say for sure that I "love myself." Knowing that in order to truly love someone else, you must love yourself, we set off on this weight loss journey. Of course, there are other pieces to the puzzle besides weight loss, which we are also addressing. In short, we truly want to feel like we both are bringing our best selves to the table when we get hitched.

We started paleo the first week of January, and have already seen great results. We both hope to lose about 100 pounds each. As of today, I have lost 26 pounds, while he has lost 32 pounds. I re-incorporated pastured dairy into my diet about 6 weeks in, while he has decided to leave it out due to lactose intolerance.

Hopefully I won't get flamed too hard for sharing my story. Thanks for listening! I look forward to joining in the discussions on the board.

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Jane! I think its great that you both have decided to take the road to health. Best wishes in your journey!

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    congratulations and thanks for sharing your story. its nice to have snippets of peoples lives. My husbands a natural paleo and i found his support makes it easier for me plus i don't have to keep crap foods in the house. I hope it works great for you both