Thread: Is this normal? page

manitou1 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Is this normal?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I started the PB/paleo diet a couple of months ago and was on it very strictly for about three weeks. During those three weeks I felt awful. Not lethargic, but almost felt like I had a hangover. Is this normal?

I was eating a good variety of primal foods... salads, nuts, meats, and fruit. Only coconut oil, olive oils, and butters were used.

I have since went back to my "normal" diet of low gluten and everything bad, but feel better. What is up?

Has anybody else experienced this?

Navajo is offline Member
    Yep. Do a search here for "Low Carb Flu". Takes a while for some people to power through to the other side, but it is worth it in my opinion.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    haha there was like a week or two last year when I was just an asshole to everyone at work, and told them to forgive me, that I had carb depression.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by manitou1 View Post
    I have since went back to my "normal" diet of low gluten and everything bad, but feel better. What is up?
    More glucose for your brain?

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    If going low carb makes you feel that poorly, don't go low carb. You can be primal and eat carbohydrates! You may not be intolerant or sensitive to gluten, however. I wonder why you were trying out this way of eating.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

manitou1 is offline Junior Member
    Yes... I am sensitive to gluten. I try to minimize gluten intake on either diet.
    I'll look up the 'Low Carb Flu" . Thanks guys.