Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: COY Fitness: a Trinity page 6

diene is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Tacoma, WA. The park is called Point Defiance.
    Oops, you live in Washington, not Oregon. Beautiful pictures, by the way. I won't really have any spectacular pictures either. It would just be my crossfit box and the globo gym I go to. *Sigh* Maybe I'll take some pictures of the park I play at (a very lame one, the only good thing is the swing set) halfway through my long runs.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Oops, you live in Washington, not Oregon. Beautiful pictures, by the way. I won't really have any spectacular pictures either. It would just be my crossfit box and the globo gym I go to. *Sigh* Maybe I'll take some pictures of the park I play at (a very lame one, the only good thing is the swing set) halfway through my long runs.
    Im a crossfit gym fan so pics of that would always be cool.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    That's a fast mile!
    Agreed - and I'm very impressed with your chin up improvements, plus your handstand push ups!!! You would kick my ass girl
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, Ci, you are crazy athletic. Making me feel bad!

Just kidding. I don't feel bad.

Today was.... uneventful. In the world of exercise. I was so busy that all I could do was drop and do a couple sets of pushups throughout the day. And I'm too tired now to do anything else. I walked a bit and did walk to the store to buy my ice cream, but I smoked a Nat Sherman while I was doing it and ate the ice cream while I walked back so I hesitate to call that exercise.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Outdoor play / exercise is great! It gives it a real world (ish) application. More than just rote movements, which I find boring and an unsustainable way to keep up the work, at least for me. I wouldn't last very long in a gym.

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Hmm, and I totally think you should count walking while smoking and eating as exercise, lol! better than sitting while smoking and eating, no?
    Excellent point. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    I took a walk around our local obstacle course/dog park. You guys inspired me to do some outside play! I got on the swingset, did the monkey bars, some pull-ups, jumpy things, balancing beams, and general climbing. The park is also just shy of 1 mile. It was nice to go outdoors and play, although the children were giving me funny looks and "telling me how to do stuff right" lol! I sorta wanna go out there when the sun is setting and there are less children, so that I can romp around as I please!

I also heard that they've recently opened up a zip-line obstacle course dealy at a different park near my house. It takes about 2 hours to complete it on average, and seems like a blast, but I've never been! Gonna try to find a friend who'll be down for that!
    Awesome - pics please!!

We should start an adult playground movement - why should those pesky kids have all the fun?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Took yesterday off (unless standing on my feet in front of a room of people all day counts?)

Fitness 3

Play, ABWE,

Play
    Decided to do my warm up / gentle exercise in the park closest to me. This baby is only a 20 sec jog away.

Doesn't look like much, but there are hidden treasures...

It's a rebounder! (and a death trap). Bounced for two mins.

Next up was the tightrope. This is surprisingly tough to do! But today I actually managed to get 3/4s of the way across: further than ever before.

And here was where I did my pull-ups.

Correction: tried to do my pull-ups.

ABWE: Pullups/lever/leg raise

Practice:
    N/a

Strength:
    Jumping pull-ups with reverses. Five w/ hands tucked under, five w/hands tucked over.

Accessory:
    Hanging knee raises: 3 sets: 10; 8; 5.

Then for the cool down...

About five mins of swinging. Man, I had no idea how much it worked the backs of the legs! You're basically swinging your whole body weight back and forth. Screw those machines at the gym!!

Then went home and did pistols; sitting onto low coffee table, 7 each side.

SPeaking of the gym: I'm going to cancel my membership. I was holding onto it so I could swim, but the reality is that even if I swim twice a week it's still not worth it.... and I don't like how the chlorine dries out my skin and hair.

PLUS, there's actually a free outdoor gym just around the corner from me! I forgot about it. Maybe I'll go there tomorrow...
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-18-2013 at 09:01 AM.

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Wowie! I might come to England just for the playgrounds!

Yea swimming in Chlorinated pools is pretty gross and the chlorine is bad for your thyroid as well. So wish i lived by an ocean! I do live on the biggest freshwater lake but its unswimmable for like 8 months a year. . Not into polar plunging.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I need to crash at your place for a while, Zach, I love ice skating and polar plunging. Nothing like that sudden adrenaline rush and thyroid stimulation from diving into an icy lake.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Zach is offline Banned
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I need to crash at your place for a while, Zach, I love ice skating and polar plunging. Nothing like that sudden adrenaline rush and thyroid stimulation from diving into an icy lake.
    Come on over, baby! Jumping in that lake any time of the year is polar plunging. The water never gets above 50 degrees. Super refreshing in the summer. And yes to ice skating! The harber side of the lake freezes and you can skate for miles.

Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast