Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: COY Fitness: a Trinity page 30

diene is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've been working out still, just haven't been posting. But I guess I'm going to start again.

Friday - 8/23/13
    Handstand pushup practice--haha, joke, still couldn't get into a handstand. I was able to get into a tripod (hands + head on floor) with help. (Other people helped put my legs up against the wall.) Still can't even get into a tripod without help.
    Karen: 150 wall balls @ 10-lb ball
    Completed in 9:34. Last time I did this WOD, on 7/5, it took me around 12 minutes to finish. So my time went down by 2:30, which I thought was pretty good. I'm pretty impressed with my own progress. Now, if only I could just lose weight...

Saturday - 8/24/13
    10 minutes stair master
    10-minute walk on treadmill at 3.5 mph, 14% incline
    Indeterminate amount of time with a personal trainer at the globo gym for a free personal training session. It was free so I did it. It was kinda lame though. Before the work out, he explained to me that I needed to eat 6 small meals a day. Remind me not to do things just cuz they're free.

Sunday - 8/25/13
    0.5-mile warm up
    9 x 30-second intervals with 30-second rest intervals in between the first three intervals and 60-second rest intervals in between the remaining 6 intervals.
    0.5-mile cool down

Monday - 8/26/13
    Crossfit
    Max effort snatch: 1x5@15; 1x5@35; 1x3@45; 1x3@50 I guess 50 was my max. I didn't try very hard to get 55. I just don't care to go very heavy on these Oly lifts, especially snatches, which I find to be incredibly difficult.
    Back squat: 1x5@45; 1x3@95; 3x3@115; 3x1@125
    800-m run
    Reverse hyper: 2x15@50
    Knees to Elbows: 10 reps

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Handstand pushup practice--haha, joke, still couldn't get into a handstand.
    I believed it for a second, cuz you are the fitness wonderwoman.

Max effort snatch:
    That sounds......dangerous!

8/26/13

I got up at 5 am and unable to get back to sleep I went out for a 4 mile run. Sorry, not as much fitness excitement here.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post

I got up at 5 am and unable to get back to sleep I went out for a 4 mile run. Sorry, not as much fitness excitement here.
    Hey, 4-mile runs are exciting! I want to get back to running again, but my stupid foot is still not completely recovered. (I've had plantar fasciitis on my right foot for months now, months!)

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about the plantar fasciitis, Di I hope it heals soon. I'm scared of injury too, cause all I'll have left will be doing cartwheels in the backyard and lifting. I could not imagine going to a gym again.

Thanks, Gray! Yeah, injury sucks--especially the kind that doesn't get better! Hey, at least you can do cartwheels! I think the last time I did cartwheels was in elementary school. I used to be able to do handstands when I was little too (and I was even a fat kid). Now, I'm too scared to do any of those things.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Gadzooks, it's already Wednesday! Trying to remember what i did since Saturday...

Sunday: One hour walk with some playground action
    Monday: Swimming - 22 lengths 33 metre pool: new record!
    Tuesday: 1 hour power pump (weight lifting class - dumb bells and barbells), 40 min cycle, 1 hour teaching yoga
    Wedesnday: 30 mins step aerobics, 30 mins weight lifting (barbells and body weight)
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Yeah, I've been slacking on posting here too.

Tuesday, 8/27/13
    1 hang clean + 1 full clean every 90 seconds for 15 minutes. Can't remember the weights I did. Started at 35 lbs and ended at 80, I think.
    WOD:
    25 pull-ups with band
    150 singles (jump rope)
    25 box dips
    150 singles (jump rope)

20 minutes of hula hooping

Wednesday, 8/28/13
    2 x 20-second hollow holds
    2 x 10 V-sits (modified to look like this thing we do in pilates--don't know what it's called)
    1-minute body-weight plank hold
    7-minute EMOM: snatches (one snatch per minute for 7 minutes) I didn't do very heavy weights at all. I suck at snatches. I think the heaviest I went to was 50 lbs.

WOD:
    40 alternate pistols onto bench
    40 push presses @ 55 lbs
    40 wall balls @ 14 lbs

90-second row for max calories (16 cals)
    max number of burpees in 60 seconds (15)

Thursday, 8/29/13
    Max effort clean & jerk: 1x1@ 35, 1x1@45; 1x1@50; kept going up by 5-lb increments until I got to 85 lbs.
    WOD:
    Run 1 mile every 12 minutes for a total of 36 minutes.
    My time for the miles were:
    Mile #1: 7:20
    Mile #2: 7:25
    Mile #3: 7:47

Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast