Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: COY Fitness: a Trinity page 25

diene is offline Senior Member
    I took both Saturday and Sunday off. And today, too, I think, although I might do some yoga or pilates videos when I get home. Or I might not. I think I'm due for a 3-day break. But I feel like such a fat slug cuz I've been off JUDDD for the past 8 days, AND I took three days off exercise.

Saturday--went clubbing, but I don't think it counted as a workout cuz I didn't really dance that much. The music sucked, and, honestly, I just don't like to dance in heels. And I don't know how all these women go clubbing in heels. I've never been much into the club scene. I was a little candy raver back in my day (also went to psy trance parties), but we obviously didn't wear heels. In fact, I very rarely wear heels. The only pair of heels I owned before law school was a pair that I wore to my junior prom in high school. (Was too cool to even go to my senior prom. ) Then law school forced me to buy heels for job interviews and certain professional events. Anyway, I hate wearing heels. The end.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Yo - Yay for energy! If I can keep it up I'd like to get into a regimen, I've just never had energy consistent enough for it to get that far...
    Story of my life, dude I cannot believe that, for more than a month now, I've been exercising 5-6 times a week! The most I ever exercised before was 3 times a week (excluding yoga).

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    I took both Saturday and Sunday off. And today, too, I think, although I might do some yoga or pilates videos when I get home. Or I might not. I think I'm due for a 3-day break. But I feel like such a fat slug cuz I've been off JUDDD for the past 8 days, AND I took three days off exercise.

Saturday--went clubbing, but I don't think it counted as a workout cuz I didn't really dance that much. The music sucked, and, honestly, I just don't like to dance in heels. And I don't know how all these women go clubbing in heels. I've never been much into the club scene. I was a little candy raver back in my day (also went to psy trance parties), but we obviously didn't wear heels. In fact, I very rarely wear heels. The only pair of heels I owned before law school was a pair that I wore to my junior prom in high school. (Was too cool to even go to my senior prom. ) Then law school forced me to buy heels for job interviews and certain professional events. Anyway, I hate wearing heels. The end.
    Lol.

I hate heels as well. I used to go to underground Techno clubs, so it was never an issue

Don't worry about taking the break Di - enjoy it. Re. JUDD: I've had a bit of a revelation about losing weight... to be posted in my journal...

Update to my daily exercise: walked for an hour.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-29-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

7/30/13

Crossfit:
    Ring dip progression: Practice ring holds
    Split Jerk (alternate legs): 1x6@35 lbs; 1x6@55 lbs; 2x4@65 lbs; 3x2@75 lbs
    WOD: "Elizabeth" but with power cleans instead of squat cleans this time so not really comparable to the last time we did Elizabeth cuz we did squat cleans last time.
    21/15/9
    power cleans @ 55 lbs
    box dips
    Finished in 7:36.

Max effort hollow hold: Held for 2:01. (Yes, there was that extra second. )

Ci, you should definitely make friends with the bodybuilder chick! It would be great for you to have a friend with common interests. Don't know why that pose would have hurt - maybe you were tense going into it and pushed too hard? Yoga can really fuck you up if you push yourself.

Di, how was your performance after your few days off?

Today -
    kind of had an off day. I'm feeling pretty tired from all the working out I've been doing, and my body hurts. Taught a 75 min yoga class, prob did 45 mins of poses.

I can't believe how much I've changed in relation to exercise. In the past, this would have counted as an exercise day!!! Even though I haven't taken a day off since last Sunday, I feel like a lazy slob! I have definitely gotten the fitness addiction.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Yay! Welcome to the wonderful world of fitness addiction!!! *Blows trumpets*
    I didn't notice any improvement in my performance yesterday, but this morning's intervals seemed less grueling than usual. It could just be because it wasn't as hot though.

7/31/13
    Crossfit Endurance:
    90-second intervals with laddered rest intervals (the rest intervals got progressively shorter and then longer again--I can't remember exactly how long the rest intervals were or how many intervals we did--oh well).

Seriously... I'm addicted! How did I go without exercising for MONTHS in the past?!

Today: 1 hour step class. Well, 40 mins of stepping, 20 mins of lifting. Fucking hard work man!! I liked the rhythm and co-ordination though... I need to work on that.

I'm looking forward to the day when I don't collapse at the end of one of these gym classes...

- Ray Peat

8/1/13

Crossfit:
    Practice failing at kipping pullups (hey, at least now when I pop my hips or whatever, I don't fly off the bar anymore).
    Max effort pendlay row: 1x5@15; 1x5@35; 1x3@45; 1x3@55; 1x1@65; 1x1@75; 1x1@80; 1x1@85; 1x1@90
    Push press: 3x8@75
    3 x 1-min body-weight plank hold
    500-m row - 2:27 (this is still very slow, but I guess that's why I don't get super out of breath when I row--I'm just not rowing fast enough, but I was rowing as fast as I could! Poor technique, I suppose.)

Well, I finally took a day off today I have my TOM and I felt really tired... and I realised I haven't taken a day off in 10 days! But I feel guilty about it,,,! I was planning to go to Muay Thai tomorrow, but I don't know if I'll have the energy. Might do Pilates instead.

Ci, what;s PMDD? Also, do you really see a difference in my body from that pic?! I'm taking my fortnightly progress pics tomorrow - hope I see some kind of change!

- Ray Peat

8/2/13

Crossfit:
    The warm-up involved seated box jumps, which I refused to do. The coach made me jump onto stacked plates (he was not going to let me off easy, geez).
    Back squats: 1x5@45; 1x5@65; 1x5@75; 1x5@85; 6x5@90.
    WOD:
    5 rounds of:
    20 ring rows
    30 knee pushups
    40 butterfly situps
    50 squats
    Took me 56:29 to do this. Took freaking forever because I have practically no upper body strength. I can do 10 nice ring rows in a row, and then I'm done. Then it's down to sets of 2, struggling to get up there. Same thing with pushups. Even doing them on my knees I struggle to do 30.

Forgot to add that we had to take 3-min break in between each round so it didn't really take me 56 minutes, more like 44. Hah! The breaks were pretty pointless, IMO.
    Last edited by diene; 08-02-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    PMDD is premenstrual dysmorphic disorder -- basically, PMS on steroids. I can feel really irrationally depressed, fatigued, in a lot of pain from cramping and headaches, etc. I've also been experiencing dizziness throughout my tom so yeah, no exercising for me. I don't know why I have it, but it really sucks. That's why I'm on such a high dose of birth control, and also why I take a pill that allows me to only suffer 4x a year, lol. So don't worry, girl, I feel your pain! I took a day off today and I feel like a total slob. =/
    Jesus, that sounds terrible! Makes me wonder though, if all these things that are wrong with us: physical, hormonal, mental (including our Des) are all connected somehow.

Di, do you lift weights? It's really helping my upper body strength!

Fri, 1st Aug.

Well, I didn't do anything again today! Apart from moving around slowly (walking around / cycling). I was actually feeling irrationally guilty and stressed about it. I kept worrying that I was going to lose my mo-jo, and go back to being the sloth that I was before I had energy (5 weeks ago )

Help!

- Ray Peat

Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast