Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: COY Fitness: a Trinity page 2

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Haha!

Um.

Anyway, thanks for posting that from Zach. I will move to something like this once I've moved through the body weight progressions outlined in CC. Which I will work on this morning.

Journal

I had taken Monday off, unintentionally, as my first day off in a while. Yesterday I jumped rope, did jumping squats, leg lifts, and then fell asleep on the floor. I don't know what's happening, but I got 10 hours of (much needed sleep) last night so I'm hoping to be back at it today.

I did get a lot of good stretching in over the past two days, though, and discovered I can still do a back walkover with ease. So that's cool.
    Lol - I'm going to take that as a yes?! If I can suck in then I'm not so ashamed of posting. Just have to remember to suck in my ass as well...

That sounds wrong.!

Anyway, I'm amazed that you can do a back walk over - good for you! What's CC?

Also, I'm going to keep adding info to that post (links to videos etc) so it should be a great resource by the time you're ready to start
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-15-2013 at 09:42 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure how one sucks in... one's ass...? But if you possess that skill, go for it! Hehe yes you can suck in your tummy

CC = Convict conditioning. I like it because it outlines so clearly exactly what you have to do. I like being told what to do...

I'm not sure how one sucks in... one's ass...? But if you possess that skill, go for it! Hehe yes you can suck in your tummy

CC = Convict conditioning. I like it because it outlines so clearly exactly what you have to do. I like being told what to do...
    Fucking hell... so many forms of conditioning... I went down a slide today!

My jacket looks happy about it
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-15-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

*slow clap*

haha. I want to go play in a kiddie park ^_^

*slow clap*

haha. I want to go play in a kiddie park ^_^
    It's the best thing about living in East London. There are tons of beautiful parks and enough eccentric people to make a 31 year old woman playing on swings and slides look perfectly normal.

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    It's the best thing about living in East London. There are tons of beautiful parks and enough eccentric people to make a 31 year old woman playing on swings and slides look perfectly normal.
    Yeah, this might be what stops me here

Fitness 1

Walk / hike: 60 mins

ABWE: Chest/planch/plank

Yoga poses between each set of ABWE, which felt great. Going to start making note of the sequences so I can use them when I teach

Workout 1: ABWE: Chest/planch/plank

Practice:
    Crow x 4
    Table pose, reverse bridge between efforts.

Strength:
    pushups. 3 sets, 10 reps.
    Child's pose and forward splits (either side) between reps.

Accessory:
    planks, 3 holds, 1 min, 1 min, 45 secs! Feel so weak... I used to be able to hold for 3 mins continuously.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-16-2013 at 12:36 AM.

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    I play in parks! Except that I go at night when no kids are around and play on the swings. Too ashamed to do in during the day when there are kids there.

Zach is offline Banned
    Cool stuff goin on in here.

YB, Convict Conditioning is a book by a convict named "Coach Wade". It basically shows you how to get superhuman strength using only your body weight and a linear type progression. Its a great book for the demonstrations alone. I also have CC2 if anyone wants it.

Im not fan of linear progression at all for a few reasons. One, if i have a certain amount set exercises, reps ands sets to do i get easily bored and start to loathe the workout. Also your body does not adapt linearly. Some days you may not hit your reps and that can leave you feeling like your not making progress.

I much rather follow a loose structure and have in mind what id like to accomplish that day and then go entirely by body feel. That way you will always be using the correct weight and doing the right amount i work on that day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I hear you, but I like the book because he outlines things so clearly and simply. And I like that he shows you how to work up to something that you don't already have the ability to do even one of (for me, pull ups). I wouldn't know how to go about building up to this without the demonstration.

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast