Thread: COY Fitness: a Trinity page 13

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Monday, June 3rd

6 x 100 metre sprints
    some ABWE (half squats)

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Monday, June 3rd

Today was a cardio day, although I reallllllly did not enjoy it one bit! I was counting down the seconds. I felt sluggish, heavy, and had a headache.

Elliptical:
    1 hour
    7.6 miles
    Resistance 5-8
    Crossramp 10

Not my best, but better than doing nothing at all!
    If you feel tired on some days, why don't you go for a long walk, rather than do cardio? I find it really nice for stress reduction.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Tuesday, June 4th

I just realised that I forgot to exercise today!!! I taught yoga for 75 mins and did some split squats, but I meant to sprint. Sigh. Hopefully I'll be feeling less tired tomorrow.

Tuesday, June 4th

Warm-Up:
    5:25 elliptical sprint, 1 mile

Push Day:
    Shoulder Press: 20lbs x 12; 20lbs x 10
    Tricep Pulls: 40lbs x 10; 50lbs x 8
    Bench Press: 55lbs x 10; 65lbs x 6
    Glute Machine: 70lbs x 10 (per side); 80lbs x 8 (per side)
    Back Extension: 100lbs x 12; 125lbs x 10
    Leg Extension: 80lbs x 10; 95lbs x 8
    Calf Raises: 90lbs x 10; 90lbs x 7
    Abduction: 130lbs x 12; 145lbs x 10
    Seated Leg Press: 150lbs x 12; 170lbs x 10

Felt good to lift weights today. I kind of realized, though, that I don't want to gain anymore muscle mass... Just get lean and cut. What's a girl to do!
    Do you like to swim?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Wednesday, June 5

Cycle: 25 mins
    ABWE: 20 pistols, 20 split squats (both sides).

Some yoga

don't you at least get a little exercise during your yoga class? The classes I've gone to always have the teacher doing the same routine as the students.

I actually hate swimming. I don't like being in chlorinated water, having water go up my nose, being half naked, being afraid of losing my contact lenses, etc. Althooough, I have been thinking about trying to make myself do it again, just to see if I'll change my mind and start to like it. My gym has an indoor pool, so it wouldn't be a big deal to try it out.
    It's true - teaching yoga can be a good workout - depends on the class. I did quite a few poses yesterday.

I think swimming is those amazing amazing exercise. It's a pity about the chlorine, but when I swim consistently it does the most amazing things for my body comp. Great for the backs of the legs, too!
    Last edited by YogaBare; 06-05-2013 at 09:29 PM.

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I love swimming in the ocean, but ick you couldn't drag me into a highly chlorinated pool. Most people's personal pools are fine.

So... hi guys. I remained surprisingly active M-W. Lots of body weight exercises, a 3 mile walk (plus lots of walking other than that). Yesterday I seriously was not able to unless I wanted to at 1:30am, and today I just kind of... forgot. Running around doing errands, reading, whatever. Can't wait to get back to the pull up bar tomorrow!

Yay for improvements! I have noticed some as well: I am getting noticeably stronger on the pull up bar in just a few short sessions! Also, my thighs feel much tighter. Sweet.

P.S. That video looks like torture. Yes, in case you were wondering, I did watch some of it while sitting on the couch, eating.

Still practicing but I'm getting there - half pull ups from the.... up.... position are becoming a breeze. Not exciting but I started from zero. Ha, whatever works for you

Lemme know if you try the video out XD
    Highly doubtful, but you bet I'd let you know if I do...

I'm sure it does! I was trying to visualize something similar trying to get a gagillion pound television onto a stand yesterday... it did not work. I nearly broke my housemate's toe D:

Because it was free I think my back is fine, but i have some nasty scratches on my wrist. Looks like I've been cutting myself.. Great.

Don't cut yourself om, don't you get to spend time with yogi soon? Can't go on your date all beat up and sad
    Nah I hear she's into the "tortured" types.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Nah I hear she's into the "tortured" types.
    HAH! Actually, my tastes have changed, but there's always a space in my heart for you, Bat for Lashes <3

Speaking of which, I met my little brother earlier. He's looking veeeeery fetching

Oh, and ummm. COY. I'll be back on the 23rd

- Ray Peat

Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast